#1 ·
Has anyone used scratch removers?

I've seen 2 products
Scratch Doctor and Scratch x 2.0

thx

Bob

#4 ·
the rule of thumb when it comes to scratches is this:

if you can catch it with a fingernail it can NOT be buffed out...needs wetsanding and then polishing

#7 ·
QUOTE (bad1550 @ Jun 7 2010, 02:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330617
Has anyone used scratch removers?

I've seen 2 products
Scratch Doctor and Scratch x 2.0

thx

Bob
I've tried Meguiar's Ultimate Compound this weekend on my black Altima. I would not buy it again, it almost literally took no scratches out or swirls marks which it is advetised to do. I was very disappointed with this as I usually am a big user of Meguiar's products.

#9 ·
QUOTE (Big B @ Jun 7 2010, 06:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330669
I wouldn't worry about a little scratch. It's like worrying about stains on your carpet.
Says the guy with the 06 sonata.....some of us with new cars don't want scratches ( i'll even say i don't wanna find scratches on my 1995 acura legend)

#10 ·
My 2006 Sonata was keyed (luckily most of the keying wasn't too deep). I used turtle wax premium rubbing compound (a green bottle) and microfiber rags and buffed out the scratch from almost the whole side of the car. The only spot I couldn't buff out was the initial inch or two where they pressed the hardest. I was absolutely satisifed with the results. If you do a search in the 4G sonata section I think I put reviews and before and after pictures of the results. Needless to say for fine scratches I would highly recommend this. I also clayed my car before buffing this out and then waxed it.

Ok, found some pics.

Before:

After:

#12 ·
Uhhh IMO, do a search here for touch up pens from Hyundai and see how many positive reviews you see before you use it. All reviews I've seen haven't been too good (though I've never tried them myself) :gitara:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.