Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this long scratch on the front wheel fender. Do you think it could be caused by debri on the road while driving? Anyone else have something similar on theirs?

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't know how to answer your question. It would only be a guess without any evidence to support it. Not sure a bunch of guesses from a forum are going to do you any good!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Yes it could be caused by debris. Happened to me when a piece of a recap tire hit the same place.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe PHEV Phantom Black Pearl
244 Posts
Someone pushed past you when it was parked. The plastic marks more readily than the paint fortunately.

Could technically be driving past something sticking out, but I would think likely a person with a bag or something.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,319 Posts
Your local auto store can help you find a good “bottle of whatever” to wipe on your vinyl trim. Or, just tell your car wash/detailer guy to take care of it. My local car wash uses the same product to gloss tires AND black vinyl trim.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,544 Posts
The mark on the metal part discards road debris. Someone with poor parking skill did it, something tall.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 L
173 Posts
Shopping cart? We always park in the back 40.

Reactions: BikeMen

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,319 Posts
Nope, it was parked on a not very busy residential street, driver side facing the street.
Did you post here to find out how you got the scratch, or how to fix it???? I will admit to not giving a hoot how it happened. 🤣

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4L
236 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,544 Posts
How much is a new plastic wheel fender?

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
766 Posts
Its it only on the side wheel well trim or also on the paint above. In enlarging the picture you posted, it seems that there is also paint damage above the scratch. I can't tell if it's just a reflection or is the paint also scraped. If the paint, then I agree that is probably was parking lot rash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Its it only on the side wheel well trim or also on the paint above. In enlarging the picture you posted, it seems that there is also paint damage above the scratch. I can't tell if it's just a reflection or is the paint also scraped. If the paint, then I agree that is probably was parking lot rash.
Just the wheel well trim. The rest are a reflection.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed this long scratch on the front wheel fender. Do you think it could be caused by debri on the road while driving? Anyone else have something similar on theirs?
Do you use drive thru car washes ? If the brushes has leftover dirt / sand from someone before you. It will beat the crap out of your car. I’m a professional detailer and see it every week. Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you use drive thru car washes ? If the brushes has leftover dirt / sand from someone before you. It will beat the crap out of your car. I’m a professional detailer and see it every week. Just some thoughts.
I have not yet on this vehicle and don't plan to in the future.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts