Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the dealer because I had this grinding/scraping noise when coming to a stop, they did a brake service, lubed it up and stuff and said my pads were fine, after a week or so the noise came back!
So i'm gonna go back to the dealer but before I do i'm wondering if anyone else had this issue? the noise sounds like in this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st0NMQ24Ebw...feature=related

*forget to mention dealer said intermittent noise was due to the inside of rotor rusting so they got rid of rust

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2008 ACCENT LEMON !!!!!!!!
SO MANY PROBLEMS I CAN'T LIST
all "fixed" under warranty (ALTERNATOR, WATER PUMP, BRAKE DRUMS, # 4 engine cylinder, to name a few)

Have had the EXACT BRAKE issue as you describe....
They "clean the drum"....it is quiet for about 1-2 thousand miles and starts again....
I have learned to live with it but hate it !!!

I have an appointment next thursday for a "NEW PROBLEM"
Sounds like something to do with the power steering pump !!!

I have 42, 500 miles on this LEMON
Guess I got a Monday morning model !

Neil

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
holy crap that's defiantly a lemon, yea the noise is annoying and loud, people look at me coming to a stop, I paid about $140 for Hyundai dealer to do a front and rear brake service which included cleaning and adjusting the breaks : ) all for nothing, which is fantastic, and my vehicle only has 42,000km

this problem started thousands of kms earliar so I will go back to the dealer and see what they say and give them no more $$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts