Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right the black rat is going to the dyno on friday!!! Its 14yrs old with 125K on the clock! Boost holds at 10psi and it has a cheap cone filter and a comedy exhaust backbox on it!
SO who wants to have a guess at how much power its going to make haha
Im only getting it done so i'll have a before and after to show what gains i make from future mods. i'll be doing a few trips up the drag strip on sat as well for same purpose!
I'll keep you updated :grin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went to the Dyno today and everything thing went well!!!! As i can see hundreds of you all left your guesses and i didn't have time to go through them all!
TPA you wasn't far out with your guess though!! A little down at [email protected] but what i was impressed with was the 162.2ft-lbs of [email protected]!!!!
This tailed off though quite quickly with the boost which peaks at 0.8bar and tails off to 0.67bar at 5650rpm. The A/F ratio was 11.7 at 5650rpm as well which is nice and safe!!
Im happy all together because it's a nice starting block for some tuning!! I was talking to the dyno operator and for my goal of 200-220bhp i was planning to use megasquirt however he thinks i should replace the maf with a larger one find some injectors around 300-350cc then get an apexi safc which was also recommended to me by Automatic on here!! He said it's not worth running a dif ecu for such a small setup.

But like i said im happy for now!!

So just for the lazy people 131BHP and 162ft-lb woop :grin:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Righty then today was drag strip day!!! Had a really good time with my pals!! We had some thrills and seen a few spills (others so thats ok lol) A big hot rod got all out of shape and ended up rolling it! another spilled the guts of it's v8 allover the track!!!
Well out of my friends the s coupe was the slowest on the day but i was happy with the performance being near stock and everyone else had alot more power than me!! EP3 type R a H22 engined EG civic an EG civic vti and Robs EF civic 1.6 16v non vtec which dynoed 149bhp yesterday when we went on the rollers. The funny part was that for a short period in the rev range i had more torque than all but one of them lol
Before scrutineering we all let air out of tyres and i being the only turbo motor fiddled with the boost a bit!lol had it spiking at 15psi with no boost cut but nothing i can do will get it to hold more than 10psi!! and the waste gate only holds 5psi when tested previously so electronic boost controller needed!!
I did six runs throughout the day times where as follows.

[email protected] 60ft=3.160sec
[email protected] 60ft=2.810sec
[email protected] 60ft=2.660sec
[email protected] 60ft=2.480sec (fastest)
[email protected] 60ft=2.500sec
[email protected] 60ft=2.510sec

Some of my friends did 12 to 14 runs but i just felt at run six that i couldn't get the car to run any faster and that i was doing everything right!!?? There where people getting worst 60ft times and going on to run 12sec 1/4's so i knew i was launching the car well!! i only won 1 race out of all them and it was against a swb transit van with a cosworth v6 engine in it. (which scared me when i looked to my left at the 1/8mile mark and it was level with my rear bumper lol thought someone was running their work van for a laugh!!! propper sleeper HAHA!!!!

Any now i have some figures to work from!! 131bhp 162lb-tq and [email protected]!!!! T25 turbo here we come :3gears:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think 16.1 is bad at all with just so little power. Congrats about good driving. It's nice to see new guy here doing some things.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got my printout here lamenated and everything lol just no scanner will get it up here soon though ill get sorted at my mums!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
QUOTE (eyelid @ Jun 14 2010, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332952
Not too bad at all. It must be whole different life than stock motor.
Its ok , but I really want to go faster. Still need to save a lot of money to make that possible.

Printout from the dyno attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
More of a curiousity question here.....Was Hyundai's 115 hp rating for the Turbo artificially low? Meaning, does it make more than that stock? I remember reading the performance figures for it when Car and Driver tested it and it seemed that it was quite a bit faster than 115 hp would provide. I always liked the looks of this car for some reason. Sure wish I could find a Turbo model but they are RARE here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts