Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello lads

Just an update on my 2l 16v into the Scoupe

Car got set up on the dyno yesterday and made 160wkw at 400nm torque.

When I started someone said its a straight swap...only thing that fits is the speedo cable and cam side engine mount. Everything else has to be custom made but its so worth it when its still smoking takkies into 3rd gear:D

Any questions on the conversion just holla :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
nice nice :) we also done a 2l beta turbo in Scoupe... we already over 500hp now and have no grip till 5th gear....but if you go over 500Nm the beta gear's are not strong enough and brake down...
what Kind of engine management do you use? we use magasquirt now. do you have some Pictures?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks realy good what you have done:)

we run E85 fuel it is 85% Ethanol and rest gasoline its much better than gasoline it dosent knock and has abot 108octane

we alredy lost 3. gear 2 times and 4. and 5. gear once...now we Need to use another gearbox

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im running a ct 26 turbo off the supra thats got a stage 4 comp wheel...head is ported and flowed also running piano wire with a copper gasket and 550cc injectors. Bottom end is stock:D but I wanna go forged.

Up to 1.3 bar now so we shall see how long its gna last haha

Whats your setup?

·
Registered
125 Posts
now we use forged cp Pistons with 9:1 compression and pauter rod's the Turbo is a self made Garret t3 with 76mm compressor wheel but we will switch to a Holselt Hx35 with 82mm compressor wheel next year...660ccm injectors, and now boost between 1.8 to 2.0 bar...first we usesd the oem Piston and rods from 1.8l beta engine so you have 7.7:1 compression ratio but the piston brake at the rings -> like the pisons from 1.5 alpha engine over 1.5 bar...thats why the forged pisons...in the head we use the intake chamshaft from J2 Evolution engine there you have more lift and longer inlet

where do you got the copper headgasket? and can you make a Picture of the damper from the engine we also neet to get one at this Position because the engine mount at chassis begin to brake...what damper is it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some serious boost:D we got the gasket done on a water jet...my 1.5 broke every 400kms at 1bar so next mod is foged then can crank up the boost.

The damper is off a suzuki gsxr 1000 k6 but it dosnt work to well the motor is way to heavy for it. They designed sothat u can still turn the bars on the bike so a motor is way to much. I must figure out how to bump up the pressure on the damper.

At the moment im busy with urathane mounts. We just threw the casting into the mold.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I never have problem with headgasket at the 1.5 engine anD I also boost up til 2.0 bar...but I always use oem multilayer Gasket...and we have 3 scoupe's with 1.5 engine^^

urethane Mounts we dont want to use because we have twinplate clutch and now the oem Mounts at car Chassis began to brake...so with urethane it will much harder...

do you have some data for CAD or some thing to get a gasket done on water Jet or laser?

found some actual Pics of our 2.0 Scoupe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats pweeeeedy:D I see a custom radiator there...im gna have to do the too because im having temp issue's. The copper gasket we sent in and got it done so I dont have the rendering sadly

On the urathane mounts we running a softer setup up so it has some flex...far less than the stock rubber mountings. Maybe google a composit company in your area. They do carbon fiber and resins and all other molding products. The stuff we got is called vitaflex urathane and it comes in liquid form then u just brake out the old mount and fill it with the vitaflex then put a steel tube threw for the bolt.

The damper idea is perfect but to find a stong enough damper is the problem. I know the old nissan exa turbo has 2 on the front and back mounts but my dad wont be to happy if they end up on my coupe hahaha B)

·
Registered
125 Posts
last day's we got fittet a new gearbox which can hold up >500Nm...it was not so easy to get ist fittet we used a spare engine to test how it will fit...now we have to build a adpter plate...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plan is cp pistons and eagle rods then iv got a toyota ct26 with a stage 4 wheel conversion done. Its rated for 600hp apparently :D im sure 2bar boost and bigger injecrors should do the job? What box is that u fitting???

·
Registered
125 Posts
yes with bigger compressor wheel the ct26 supra Turbo should do it^^ we also use the cp Pistons :) The box is from VW Tiguan 2.0 TDI 4 Motion

the adapter plate is almost done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts