Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing about the new SCCA B-spec racing class, this is some info I came across on it today.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20101209/M...PORTS/101209891

While I have not heard any real mention of any Hyundai participation, it would be cool to see Hyundai step up and get involved.

As the article reads:
"B-Spec cars from other manufacturers include the Chevrolet Aveo, the Ford Fiesta, the Hyundai Accent, the Nissan Versa and the Toyota Yaris."

I interpret that as those are other cars that SCCA has classified as eligible, not necessarily that there will definately be participation.

It will be cool to see how this series plays out, and what kind of product development it brings for any and all the subcompacts.

I nominate o.0 slow 1.6 signs up. lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun. You can definitely get in on the cheap 07 Accent can be had in the $6000 range. Freshen it up a bit in the suspension strip it down put in a cage/racing seating get some tires and rims be on the track for under 10k. I hope this class comes to Mosport that would be great racing. I know there are some Hyundai Canada sponsored Tiburons and Genesis that come to Mosport every year. Hyundai Canada is pretty good for that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am planning to start tracking with Nasa for 2011. I am waiting for the rules to be publish but it looks like it'll be pretty cheap to run. Hopefully if everything goes according to plan, I can start racing in that class within two years.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't mind the power of the current mazda2, I just can't get over the hideous 4 door hatchback look. If they'd brought the 2 door fiesta/mazda2 to the US I would have bought one of those instead of the accent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts