Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

I am new to the forum. I have a 1995 Hyundai accent. I think I located the data link connector which is to the left of the steering column in the inside top of a small cubby hole. I have an obd2 scanner but the data link connector from my scanner does not fit. Is there some special adapter or can I get a specific scanner for this model. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (bigbluemacaw @ Aug 9 2010, 07:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348237
Hello all:

I am new to the forum. I have a 1995 Hyundai accent. I think I located the data link connector which is to the left of the steering column in the inside top of a small cubby hole. I have an obd2 scanner but the data link connector from my scanner does not fit. Is there some special adapter or can I get a specific scanner for this model. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you all.

Your car is only ODB1, cars didn't switch to OBD2 until 1996 model year, thats why your connector doesn't fit. I think you can buy an OBD1 scan tool, but if you search online, there is a procedure for shorting two of the pins on the connector, and getting the check engine light to blink out the code. it does it via long and short blinks, similar to morse code

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (slimbobaggins @ Aug 11 2010, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348709
Your car is only ODB1, cars didn't switch to OBD2 until 1996 model year, thats why your connector doesn't fit. I think you can buy an OBD1 scan tool, but if you search online, there is a procedure for shorting two of the pins on the connector, and getting the check engine light to blink out the code. it does it via long and short blinks, similar to morse code
Hi. The specific scanner for the 1G Hyundai and Kya cars is the Hi Scan Pro. It's a big yellow one. It's the most complete tool for our models.
Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts