Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I know that they say that once you buy a car you see it everywhere, but so far I haven't. I know there are lots of YFs out there, but I've only seen a handful in the two weeks I've had the car.

But if they're gonna take over, at least they look good doin' it! :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
"Saw Seven Trillion New Sonatas Today!"

Wow!

Counting all of them must have taken the whole day.

Did you stop to pee?

:grin:

·
Registered
652 Posts
You can't drive half a mile in Central Florida without passing one, usuallly a GLS driven by a grey hair.

They are starting to become the car standard for the elderly set, replacing the Grand Marquis down here.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Oct 9 2010, 11:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362209
You can't drive half a mile in Central Florida without passing one, usuallly a GLS driven by a grey hair.

They are starting to become the car standard for the elderly set, replacing the Grand Marquis down here.
You sure they aren't rentals?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I see quite a few new Sonata but they are usually GLS models (most likely rentals). It's rare to see an SE though the Limited models are around.

·
Registered
173 Posts
If the placard is the hang on the mirror or place on dash type then the placard travels with the person not the car. So if that is the case they very well could be rentals. Maybe Hyundai is the new Ford in the rental market down there.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I know the Sonatas are part of the rental fleet in LaFayette, LA - I was in one there about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I have been seeing quite a few of them on Fort Lewis lately. That's why I am modding mine up so it stands out from the crowd.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
QUOTE (Ric Crouch @ Oct 9 2010, 09:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362365
SE in the parking lot of my hotel here in Orlando tonight.... doubt that's a rental. GLSs maybe, but probably not SEs....
Could be a Thrifty Rental. Enterprise only buys base models but Thrifty is known for buying mid to upper trim models. Atleast that is how it is in my city. Sonata GL are Enterprises and GLS are Thrifty cars. (In Canada the GLS is the mid trim equivalent to the SE minus dual exhuast and sport tuned suspension and wheels. It's tough to tell rental cars without looking at the plates now. In the past they would have Enterprise, Budget stickers on the bumper but not anymore. Only way to tell is they wear fleet plates and have a barcode on the driver's window.

I saw my first non rental Sonata in a 3 week period yesturday and took a 10km detour running with it just for fun and to show off my mods. hehe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I recently saw a second Sonata at my work, this one looks like a GLS as well in the wine red color. I still think my silver one is cooler though :)

And around town here in Temecula I have indeed been seeing several out there.

·
Registered
623 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts