Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my trial just expired. On my wifes car that we bought 2 years ago we get things int he mail every couple weeks starting for $25 you can have 6 months. Well my wife doesnt seem to care about the satellite stations but I grew to like some of them.

So I got on their instant chat on their website and said I have been getting ads for $25 for 6 months and wanted to sign up. They asked for my info and I gave it to them and they said they couldn't help me because no promotions have been sent to me at that price. I said I get them in the mail all the time but they are for my wifes car. And they said well that promotion applies to her car only and we can not give you that price.

WTF.. Guess I need to wait around for a few months before they want me back..

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
XM Satelite...

So my trial just expired. On my wifes car that we bought 2 years ago we get things int he mail every couple weeks starting for $25 you can have 6 months. Well my wife doesnt seem to care about the satellite stations but I grew to like some of them.

So I got on their instant chat on their website and said I have been getting ads for $25 for 6 months and wanted to sign up. They asked for my info and I gave it to them and they said they couldn't help me because no promotions have been sent to me at that price. I said I get them in the mail all the time but they are for my wifes car. And they said well that promotion applies to her car only and we can not give you that price.

WTF.. Guess I need to wait around for a few months before they want me back..
Bummer, Mine would have expired in two days. I did receive notice in the mail about signing up. The only difference was that I created my own special. The tech said, "okay I have you for this price." I replied, "Wow, my letter says this price!" "Really?" he said. "yes." said I. He asked me to hold on for a moment and when he returned he said, "great, I will do that as I found a special for it." I told him I was just yanking his chain about that price and he didn't have to give it to me. Somehow we had connected and I am now paying less than $4.00 a month for the premium package! I like Satellite! :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a great deal! I just want the basic package, none of the fancy stuff... Maybe I need to get a live person on the phone rather than the instant web chat, I guess.

On the web chat they didn't seem to mind me saying oh well dont want it for that price I will wait until you offer me a lower price.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Keep waiting a couple more months and they'll send you the 6 mo./$25 offer. It's actually closer to $30 when all taxes and such are figured. You will have to remember to cancel at the end or they'll start hitting you up at the regular price (which I'll probably forget to do).

Geoff

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just got a thing in the mail for $100 for a year. Seems like a pretty good deal but they are NOTORIOUS for being a GIANT pain in the ass about canceling. Only way to ensure they don't auto-renew is to pay by cashier's check and they HATE that.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I just got a thing in the mail for $100 for a year. Seems like a pretty good deal but they are NOTORIOUS for being a GIANT pain in the ass about canceling. Only way to ensure they don't auto-renew is to pay by cashier's check and they HATE that.
I had success paying with a prepaid VISA card. They seem to activate the radio even before checking that there is enough funds left...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Am I the only one who is still on their "trial" over a year later? I got my car in July 2013, had a new radio put in in August (the voice activation wasn't working) and I still have XM and never paid a dime (nor do they have my credit card information...)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine expired a long time ago, Syrius or what ever they are called have called multiple times despite hearing "No I am not interested , do not call again thank you" over and over again. My headset / radio was replaced on Friday, and like Musicmaster, I now have satelite radio again for free. But the since 8:25 this morning, the bozo's have called 2 times ! LOL

·
Registered
343 Posts
You have inadvertently beaten the system, musicmaster! Lucky duck. I think I'd only feel the tiniest bit of guilt every few months, and then go on listening.

Geoff

·
Registered
137 Posts
They called me the other day and tried to get me to re-order the service. We'll see...don't NEED it but it is nice to have...

·
22,793 Posts
I received a coupon for $25/6 months. Think I'll opt for that. Way cheaper than their normal asking fee. But the prepaid VISA thing has me going, "Hmm...".

·
Banned
532 Posts
I've used the $25. option about 5 times, I enroll over the phone, use my Visa card and at that time inform then I'm in it for the 6 months and don't want to re-up. I've never had an issue or problem. You can ask them the 6 month anniversary date and log it which I did the 1st 2 times but found it unnecessary, they will follow your wishes it's customer service.

The only pain is the phone system prompts..it takes f o r e v e r.

·
Registered
196 Posts
...But the prepaid VISA thing has me going, "Hmm...".
I was thinking the same thing, plus I know with a couple of my credit cards you can have a temp # set up to where it is good for a one-time use only to fight fraud. Meaning - they give you a dummy # that is tied to your real credit card that is only valid for one use, and with that if Sirius (or anyone else for that matter) tried to charge a second time it would get rejected.

I've never used that feature, but both Sirius and my newspaper are starting to tick me off with auto-billing when I tell them it's a one time use, so this thread may prompt me to use that feature.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I renewed in January for $74 for 12 months. I tried to use a prepaid visa but they wouldn't accept it. Maybe that's just in Canada though.

Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
mine is about to expire, and I'd love to know how you managed that!!!
I'd like to say it was a brutal negotiation ... but it wasn't. I just called and said I wanted to cancel and that is the rate they offered if I wanted to re-up. Called after 3 month period to cancel again and they rolled my promo offer over - no problem!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I just renewed ours for $82.95 for 12 months.
The one I spoke to said to go direct to cancellations and you will be talking to Canada not Egypt, tell them you are going to cancel, then see what you can get them down to.
Don

1 - 20 of 51 Posts