Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the screen and the 3 dedicated one key press buttons on the Sonata's SATNAV. However, the rest of it needs a lot of attention.

Lets Make this a super thread with all the upgrades that we would like to see in t5he next release of the maps. Hopefully Hyundai will scan this forum and get some tips. :whistling:

1. To be able to add our own POI's (Our interests are diverse - please recognize that)

2. To be able to enter Lat Long values for our destinations (see my example in a further posting in this thread)

3. Provide feedback by displaying the selected address' lat long coordinates

4. 3D navigation

5. Up to 10 waypoints (4 is not enough).

6. To upload an itinerary .kml file, or equivalent, from Google maps. Then we could use google maps to plan the route and upload the desired route into the SAT NAV.

7. To be able to search for a POI along the route. I would like to know how far the next Shell gas station is along my route - I am not interested in gas stations behind me.

·
Registered
486 Posts
.. How about Free Sirius XM..

I am really not willing to wait on longer load times for further cost add ons..But thats just me.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
1) Easier to search POI (Specific ones) that are more relevant to the area. Dont want a gas station 20 miles away when I know I am in the parking lot of one. Not sure what is necessary here but seems to be simple logic issue because both stations have been around for decades.

2) Entering Lat and Long would be nice. Especially when you are looking for numbered roads (like Route, or State Highway) and the Nav is confused as to what you are asking.

3) An ability to upload a route; even using external software to plan would be a nice benefit.

4) 3D would be nice, but I bought it knowing it was 2D. This would be more of a "spiff" to me.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is an example that we had this past weekend.

We went camping in New Hampshire at a camping ground called Crawford Notch Campground. To know exactly where the campground is, was quite a challenge.

The Campground is located on 1138 US Route 302, Harts Location, New Hampshire

According to Google maps, (which the campground website uses) the camp ground is located at 44.144224,-71.365221

According to our TOM TOM's POI database the camp ground is located at 44.078481,-71.342475

The Campground is not in the Sonata SAT NAV POI database (and so are a lot of the POI's around that area.)

The real location is at 44.134348,-71.359724. Entering this location into Google maps the store and campground admin offices are visible on the satellite image.

Entering the street address into the Sonata's SAT NAV actually gets one to the camp site in this case, but since there is so much uncertainty there is no way to tell if that is actually the correct spot other than going through a lot of unnecessary effort by measuring distances from nearby towns etc. (for example; according to the Sonata's SAT NAV my own house street address is out by about two houses) If the SAT NAV can provide one with the lat long feedback (as per the TOM TOM) one could rest assure that the entered address is correct by verifying it on the satellite images available Google maps.

This is the reason why I say - please provide us with the option to enter our destinations as lat long values, then there is no uncertainty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts