Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to swap my current i35 order for a car with Sat Nav in built. Having always had a Tom Tom I know them inside out and have always been able to update, and add speed cameras etc. Does anyone know what drives these in built ones i.e Memory Card, CD or pre loaded onto a chip. Is it possible to update or is it necessary to take it back to the dealer for any updates rather than being able to do it my self.
Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (coolswitch @ Oct 3 2010, 03:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360655
I am hoping to swap my current i35 order for a car with Sat Nav in built. Having always had a Tom Tom I know them inside out and have always been able to update, and add speed cameras etc. Does anyone know what drives these in built ones i.e Memory Card, CD or pre loaded onto a chip. Is it possible to update or is it necessary to take it back to the dealer for any updates rather than being able to do it my self.
Any advice appreciated
it is updated from the USB port, yes it will be possible to purchase updates when they are available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Joeeey @ Oct 4 2010, 12:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360712
it is updated from the USB port, yes it will be possible to purchase updates when they are available.
Thanks for the reply, however I note you are in the US. The main reason for asking here is we can purchase a download with all the 13000 odd speed cameras on it and update the Tom Tom, this is quite important here in the UK hence the question relating to a built in system

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not sure what system these units run looks a bit like Igo or N drive. As previous poster says factory updates via usb maps from Navteq, Don't think there will be a way to add speed cameras or poi. Have not been able to find out much info about thes units but would much prefer to have Tom Tom installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts