Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a Santro LE (india) for the last 4 years (June 2000). the car has been sparingly used (done 21000 km).

Over the last 6 months i have a problem- the engine rpm increase when the clutch is pressed to shift gears. if the engine is switched off, the rpm becomes normal sometimes but not always. I was given to unserstand by the service centre that this is problem in Santro made prior to 2001 and that there is no permanant solution. I was also told that there was a modification carried out to the engine manifold and that retrofit is not possible.

Is there a solution to this or do I live this problem?

I am at Chennai, India.

regards,

unnikrishnan

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by krishnanu@Nov 13 2004, 06:08 AM
I have been using a Santro LE (india) for the last 4 years (June 2000). the car has been sparingly used (done 21000 km).

Over the last 6 months i have a problem- the engine rpm increase when the clutch is pressed to shift gears. if the engine is switched off, the rpm becomes normal sometimes but not always. I was given to unserstand by the service centre that this is problem in Santro made prior to 2001 and that there is no permanant solution. I was also told that there was a modification carried out to the engine manifold and that retrofit is not possible.

Is there a solution to this or do I live this problem?

I am at Chennai, India.

regards,

unnikrishnan
[snapback]2704[/snapback]​

what engine is your car

1 - 2 of 2 Posts