Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe Gls. I noticed that the car jerks while driving. It stumbles when you slow down. The vehicles feels like it lags power like something is holding it back. I noticed that the gas mileage is bad. Can someone please tell whats wrong with it? Is it something fuel related?

·
Registered
539 Posts
could be, put some engine cleaner in the gas tank and get gas somewhere else next time maybe.

Could be major tranny issues though but with today's electrical components, who really knows.

Definitely take it in after a few weeks is still notice it hesitating and hope some codes get thrown out when dealer hooks up computer to it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been using 91 gas instead of 87 gas for the past 3 months or so. Do you think its because of that?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I take the car to the dealer what should I say to them for them to charge to take a look at it?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
Unlikely to be plugs on a 2012 unless badly fouled by something really lousy loaded into the tank (can't even imagine what). They'll go the full 100K miles otherwise.

Hey, it's a 2012, and you're in a big town. I'd leave it to the dealer to sort it out under warranty.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
No, they won't charge to take a look at it. It is their job to diagnose and correct problems during the warranty period.

I would run the current tank of gas down to "E", then refill somewhere different from last time. If the problem doesn't go away call the dealer for an appointment.

·
Registered
2009 SF LTD 3.3
473 Posts
Bad spark plugs will produce DTC for misfire.

Have you scan for DTC?

Bottle of injector cleaner in a tank is pure waste and will hardly produce results.

Perhaps with 10 bottles (brand dependent ) - you are getting close to the commercial -pro applications.

You could try introducing a cleaner directly into the intake manifold - as SeaFoam applications.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went to the dealer. They had to replace the a faulty brake switch. They were no error codes. What else?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Put regular gas..and you could be too sensitive....I have 21000 on my 2012..i get 26.7mpg avg...and it jerks on low speed but i dont really care cause it did it to other cars had..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts