Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings...

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and have a 2002 Santa Fe GL that is about to run out of warranty (60,000 k).

Does anyone recommend a particular type of rustproofing? I don't want to lay out $500.00 for the electronic module from the dealer.

Ziebart, Krown, Canadian Tire, and Wal-Mart all offer rustproofing packages and I wonder if anyone has a particular expertise in this area?

Extended warranty from the dealer. Yes or no.

Thanks.

Ottawa Owner.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I got my 05 from the dealer they tried to get me to do the rustproofing but I declined as I noticed that somebody had done fresh undercoating already and a couple of older models on the lot did not have it and were starting to rust up along the frame. I take mine into rustcheck each year and have them spray it down with whatever they are using for around $50 but I didn't let them drill any holes in the body as this will cause problems down the road. The goop they use blocks any water from getting into any spaces that have started to rust. Same deal as putting grease on a rust spot it will stop it from spreading until it eventually washes off.
Would go this route, as for extended warrenty if you drive alot it is like insurance but make sure you read the policy as they have a lot of fine print on stuff they will not cover even if they say so up front.
Just my two cents.

:)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Originally posted by 2002SantaFe@Dec 7 2004, 02:59 PM
I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and have a 2002 Santa Fe GL that is about to run out of warranty (60,000 k).
Does anyone recommend a particular type of rustproofing? I don't want to lay out $500.00 for the electronic module from the dealer.
Ziebart, Krown, Canadian Tire, and Wal-Mart all offer rustproofing packages and I wonder if anyone has a particular expertise in this area?
Extended warranty from the dealer. Yes or no.
[snapback]3399[/snapback]​

If the Xtended warranty is from Hyundai and is reasonable go for it.

As far as rustproofing the best and most effective are Krown and Rustcheck (the running variety) However you'll only get a used car warranty from any rustproofer since your vehicle is not new and the cost is about CA$100 I've had it done to my cars since 1978 and have been very satisfied with it, but you have to do it once a year to keep it effective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts