Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! So, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. My daughter drives an '05 Santa Fe. When driving home to Minnesota from Missouri for the holidays, she called and said that she was pulling in to get gas and she couldn't drive above 20mph. She got gas and made it home with no additional issues. About a week ago, she had the same issue.

I found several posts about this and I changed the throttle position sensor with no change, then the accelerator position sensor. Still no improvement. When I started the vehicle prior to replacing the APS, white smoke was pouring out of the exhaust. The temperature was sub-zero so, I chalked it up to the cold.

I'm now thinking that it could be something much more serious. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Excessive and I mean excessive white smoke is an indication of water entering the engine combustion chamber. My question is has the coolant level dropped? If not don't be concerned with what I have said an post some more information like has the CEL light come on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, the CEL and the 4WD warning light is flashing. I did check the coolant level and it doesn't appear to have dropped.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,316 Posts
If the CEL is on, what trouble code has been logged? You did check before replacing parts, didn't you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts