Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 07 Santa Fe with v6 3.3L engine and AWD. It only has two rows of seats, which I like.

Is it true that if I were to buy a new Santa Fe I can only get the v6 if I also get 3 rows of seats? (I hope that 's not true, but I've heard that).

·
Registered
977 Posts
You are correct, SF XL models with third row from 13-18 only offer the 3.3 V6. Unless you want to wait for the new 2019 XL which Hyundai will offer it with Diesel engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
270 Posts
i have an 08. when we were in the market for another one in 2013 the guy at hyundai told us the sport replaces the cm and in 2014 the full size sf replaces the vera cruz and came with the v6. turns out the lwb is almost the same dimensions as the cm and were well over 30 grand. the sport was 370 lbs. lighter and lost quite a bit of overall cargo space. we ended up getting a subaru forester which had the most cargo space for the size of vehicle.

·
Registered
427 Posts
240 HP does the trick...I can see how some folks may not like the base 185 HP engine though...but that's not all that bad either...our daughter has that engine and it seems fine.
The 2.0t is perfectly "adequate".

It's just not smooth and progressive. The 2l is not strong enough before it builds boost, so the pedal feels like nothing, nothing, bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOUMMMM.

A v6 just has more off the line torque with a more gradual power delivery curve.... it's just the way it is.

I test drove the LWB v6 a few months ago and it was HUGELY superior to the 2.0T..... power off the line, a little quicker, gradual power, and hugely better sound.

I simply regret not getting the LWB v6, should have bought that instead.
Oh well, anyway, I'll keep that 2.0T for a while so I don't loose too much depreciation on the new car, and then I'll just swap it for a lightly used v6 SUV. of some kind... I try not to think about it.

·
Registered
977 Posts

It's just not smooth and progressive. The 2l is not strong enough before it builds boost, so the pedal feels like nothing, nothing, bbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOUMMMM.

A v6 just has more off the line torque with a more gradual power delivery curve.... it's just the way it is.

I test drove the LWB v6 a few months ago and it was HUGELY superior to the 2.0T..... power off the line, a little quicker, gradual power, and hugely better sound.

Oh well, anyway, I'll keep that 2.0T for a while so I don't loose too much depreciation on the new car, and then I'll just swap it for a lightly used v6 SUV. of some kind... I try not to think about it.

I completely agreed with your statement, I have driving the 2.0T before and it’s not up to my expectations so I chose the V6. I vowed never to get a turbo in any vehicles again do to its turbo lag .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
441 Posts

With the 2.0T having to move more than 2 tons of weight...it does a super job.

But the power you seek also make sense if one is looking for the longer wheel base (even heavier) Santa Fe XL (as will be known in 2019). We just don't have the need for such a large SUV.

I see almost no "turbo lag", and certainly nothing that impacts driving anyplace we've gone. In fact, the extra "boost" from the turbo comes in handy in numerous driving scenarios. For normal "paced driving", there's not even much of a required factor coming into play.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I see almost no "turbo lag", and certainly nothing that impacts driving anyplace we've gone. In fact, the extra "boost" from the turbo comes in handy in numerous driving scenarios. For normal "paced driving", there's not even much of a required factor coming into play.
The 2.0t is a perfectly fine kid mover or grocery getter. totally.

But my next suv is probably going to be an edge SV or explorer SV..... more like twin turbo v6 with 400 hp, now you are talking.... getting home with all the groceries smashed against the tailgate, now that's power :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts