Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2022 SF Calligraphy Stormy Sea / Coquina Beige
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here :)
Will be receiving my Santa Fe Calligraphy next week 馃
With the lovely weather we have here in Ontario, a separate set of winter tires on rims is a must.
Wondering if anyone in Canada have bought rims and winter tires and if so it would be nice if you can share some specs and images.

Thanks in advance

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A better option rather than Snow Tires, All-Weather Tires, no need to change over.
I would love to have to skip the winter tires but having them really improves winter driving even with an AWD car like the santa fe.
Also with the car being a lease the factory tires will need replacement by the end of the lease (4 years) however if you have winter tires for half of the time then you can avoid new tires at the end of the lease.

Super Moderator
2020 Sonata Limited, 2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
I would love to have to skip the winter tires but having them really improves winter driving even with an AWD car like the santa fe.
Also with the car being a lease the factory tires will need replacement by the end of the lease (4 years) however if you have winter tires for half of the time then you can avoid new tires at the end of the lease.
There are now all weather tires with the 3 mountains symbol. They are better than traditional all season tires but not as good a dedicated winter tires for winter use. The Michlien Crossclimate/Crossclimate 2 get very good reviews for both winter and summer use as well as wet roads. If all weather tires meet your needs you could have them mounted and keep the OEM tires to be remounted before return at the end of lease.

Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T
All weather are not worth it IMHO. I live in Ottawa and winter tires are a must. -40c here the all weather would suck.
I'm 45mins west of Ottawa without a doubt winter tires are a must. I always go with Michelin X-Ice. And they now make an X-Ice Snow SUV tire specifically for SUV's, I put them on my wife's Ford Edge last fall they stick and are as quiet or quieter than all season tires. Best size would be P235/55R18.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.4 L
We live in the mountains of Colorado. Numerous elevation changes everywhere we go, so lots of climbing. Twisting, turning roads, very few straight sections and dirt roads. Some times the dirt road off the main road to our house doesn't get plowed right away, main roads have priority. We are the only house, full time residents off the main dirt road so if they don't plow you are breaking trail to our house. There are 4 hills to climb to get to our house from the main road, 3 miles in or out.
My vote Michelin Defender LTX M/S. Not to noisy on dry road IMO and great in snow.
Sky Hood Snow Plant Tree

Registered
best tyres 矛`ve tested on a car was bridgestones dm v3 and v2. Amazing grip in the snow, great braking performance. If you actually a have a lot of snow i would recommend to check those out. the michelins out here are usually 15-20% more expensive than anything else, so dont know much about them

Registered
New here :)
Will be receiving my Santa Fe Calligraphy next week 馃
With the lovely weather we have here in Ontario, a separate set of winter tires on rims is a must.
Wondering if anyone in Canada have bought rims and winter tires and if so it would be nice if you can share some specs and images.

Thanks in advance
I am in Sudbury, I put on Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV studded. Best winter tires I have owned. I have not slipped or slid on ice/snow all winter (touch wood) Separate tires and rims.
2021 Calligraphy 235/60R18. Studs are a tad noisy outside of vehicle, not so much inside. Worth the performance tho I feel.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am in Sudbury, I put on Hakkapeliitta 10 SUV studded. Best winter tires I have owned. I have not slipped or slid on ice/snow all winter (touch wood) Separate tires and rims.
2021 Calligraphy 235/60R18. Studs are a tad noisy outside of vehicle, not so much inside. Worth the performance tho I feel.
I live in the GTA so we don't get as much snow like Sudbury, so I would probably avoid the studded tires as I would like to keep the ride quite. For my last vehicle I bought new Chinese winter tires and as much as I was worried that they would not preform well, I was actually surprised on how steady the ride was even after 4 seasons of usage. Depending on the price difference I might give them another shot. If I get a good deal on some alloy wheel then that would be perfect otherwise I might go with steelies 馃槵

1 - 11 of 11 Posts