Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a stop light this evening with my wife and two kids in the car when I see a guy in a red Hyundai pull up next to me. When the light turns green he punches it. Deciding to have some fun I floor the SF Sport and keep right up with him until 50mph, which is the speed limit.

He was driving a Genesis R-Spec 2.0T and I think it was a manual. Considering all the people I had in my car it made me feel really good that it kept up.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I have driven the 2.0T manual trans model.. I think they is a slug..

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I was sitting at a stop light this evening with my wife and two kids in the car when I see a guy in a red Hyundai pull up next to me. When the light turns green he punches it. Deciding to have some fun I floor the SF Sport and keep right up with him until 50mph, which is the speed limit.

He was driving a Genesis R-Spec 2.0T and I think it was a manual. Considering all the people I had in my car it made me feel really good that it kept up.
And your evidence that he was using any more than half throttle is what exactly ?

On the Santa Fe forum, 2.0T owners complain about lack of performance and need reminding it's a 2 tonne vehicle with aerodynamics like a brick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would love to take my Santa Fe out on the track with R-Compound tires and
lowering springs to see how it performs when you throw it around in the corners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts