Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing research for something and after a few hours of looking, i still can't find a legit answer.... Does anyone know the top speed of the 2.7 4wd Santa Fe (06, 07, 08)??? I read a couple of things saying it was around 110, but I'm not sure how correct those are.... Also, is it a governed top speed or redlined??? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'm doing research for something and after a few hours of looking, i still can't find a legit answer.... Does anyone know the top speed of the 2.7 4wd Santa Fe (06, 07, 08)??? I read a couple of things saying it was around 110, but I'm not sure how correct those are.... Also, is it a governed top speed or redlined??? Thanks!
I'd say it would depend on how steep the hill is.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Many Santa Fe models have electronic speed limiters but they can be set to different speeds in different country markets. I think the UK version of 2.7 V6 was 118mph.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I'd say it would depend on how steep the hill is.
:laughing:

If you've got the 2.7, this is actually quite true.

When I had my '04 it would get up to 100 mph just fine but the next 10-12 or so took FOREVER. It eventually ran out of puff at an indicated 114 or so and counting in the speedometer error puts the actual top speed around 111 or 112 MPH or 179-180 kph for those in the rest of the world. I only did that run once and ran out of road and nerves so I can't say with any certainty if it would go faster given enough room.

I knew an owner of an '04 SF with the 3.5 V6 that, with a run down a hill, could hit 125 MPH (201 kph) but after that, ran into some sort of limiter.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Aerodynamics, weight and limited power will start playing significant factors around 100mph. My guess would be somewhere in the 110-115mph range on a level grade.

·
Registered
209 Posts
:laughing:

I knew an owner of an '04 SF with the 3.5 V6 that, with a run down a hill, could hit 125 MPH (201 kph) but after that, ran into some sort of limiter.
I'd be scared to take my fat, bloated, mini-van in disguise, up to that speed. :eek:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
On an unrelated note, my 2010 Santa Fe 3.5 pulled like a freight train up to 120 or so and was still going when something on the right side of the car started whistling so I backed off. Never took it over 80 again....that thing was such a lemon.

·
Registered
721 Posts
On an unrelated note, my 2010 Santa Fe 3.5 pulled like a freight train up to 120 or so and was still going when something on the right side of the car started whistling so I backed off. Never took it over 80 again....that thing was such a lemon.
I second that sentiment for the 2010 3.5 by.
Not a great vehicle

1 - 15 of 15 Posts