Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some exact info around the DRL and couldnt find it. Does the Santa Fe Sport 2014 has daytime running lights as standard feature or not?

If it does, how do I activate it cause mine arent on.

Tks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I would think that it does, although I am not positive. Make sure that the headlamps switch is in 'auto" mode. That will run the DRLs in daylight and switch to the headlamps once it is dark enough. Keep in mind when checking that when it "park" the DRLs may not be lit. The "off" position turns all lights off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think that it does, although I am not positive. Make sure that the headlamps switch is in 'auto" mode. That will run the DRLs in daylight and switch to the headlamps once it is dark enough. Keep in mind when checking that when it "park" the DRLs may not be lit. The "off" position turns all lights off.
Thank you for your response. My lights are in "Auto" the all time but it will only goes on at night which is why I`m not sure whether or not I actually have DRL. One additional thing which I`m not sure whether may or not affect, with Auto ON headlamps AND Fog lamps go on together. Should the FOG lamps go on or not? I mean, trying to figure it out whether the DRL exists or not and if the FOG lamps should go on or not. Very confusing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
... with Auto ON headlamps AND Fog lamps go on together. Should the FOG lamps go on or not?
I mean, trying to figure it out whether the DRL exists or not and if the FOG lamps should go on or not. Very confusing.
No, on both.
My 2014 does not have DRL &
the fog lights do not turn on automatically.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ah, OK...That explains the lack of the DRLs :) Surprised Hyundai did not have that in 2014.

The fog lamp switch on my 2015 is on the turn signal stalk next to the headlamp switch. It is a momentary contact switch. Push it once to turn off. Again to turn off. It will remain in whatever mode you leave it in until you make a change via the switch. Not sure if the 2014 model year has the switch in the same location.....

Reactions: T_P

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, on both.
My 2014 does not have DRL &
the fog lights do not turn on automatically.
There must have something different then cause I`m pretty sure my FOG lights goes ON with Headlights Automatically at night only.

But good to know that DRL arent present in SF. Thanks RedStar

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Neither of my 2014 had DRL, the SFS 2.0T limited and my former standard 2.4L.

I did add my own DRL from Phillips. They make a 6 and 8 light LED. It's two years now. I used double sided 3M tape. Still holding. Pretty easy to put in. It also has a dimming feature for night time use. Look for my posts, I have photos.

I added those after a near death experience when someone not seeing me during sunset pulled right out in front of me at 45 mph. The 2.4L SFS handled well veering into the other lane and back and not flipping. They took about 45 min to install. I cut the wires into the headlights to have them dim, direct connect to battery as the system turns off when below 14V. Of course some people called them "ugly" and non-OEM. Rather be alive driving a ratty looking car then DOA from someone not seeing a deep red car hidden in the shade.

I believe the 2015 have DRLs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My 74 Pinto doesn't have DLR's either but due to a short in the wiring I do have headlights on when the battery is charged.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
TP...There is an "on/off" switch somewhere. If it is not on the turn signal stalk then check the instrument panel on both side of the steering whee and the console area. I have never seen any vehicle with factory fog lamps that does not have an over ride switch as in some locations you can legally only use them in bad weather conditions.

Rocket....Really have a Pinto? A girl a dated MANY years ago had the Mercury Bobcat version of the same. Fire, explosions, and death aside they really were not a bad vehicle for the time period :) We used to drive her crazy in the winter. She'd back out of her driveway onto the snow covered street and two of us would grab the back bumper (One pulling and one pushing as necessary to avoid being run over) and she'd just be spinning the tire. Horrible traction in the snow.....

Reactions: Rocket67

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,311 Posts
The '14's have no DRL lights. I installed the Phillips lights, same as Butkus above. They look great!

Attachments

Reactions: T_P
1 - 10 of 10 Posts