Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started searching for a 21 or 22 Santa Fe Ltd or possibility a Calligraphy. I was amazed to find that the most dealer inventories are a lot of the SEL trim but few or none of the LTD or Calligraphy. and selling prices at almost sticker with few to no incentives. I currently have a 2010 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 with 36,000 miles and the trade in is very very good at somewhere around $24,000. However I am finding it a little difficult to swallow the high prices. Nothing wrong with my 18, just got the new car itch but will probably wait as I really don't want a car payment again at least for a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same experience here, I got lucky and found one the dealer had for personal use, so was able to get a nice deal on a 2021 Caligraphy with 7kmiles on it. Only reason I could get them to move on price is because it was a used vehicle (not that I could find many/any new).

Last month when I started looking if a dealer had one they wouldn't deal at all.

Hang in there, I am sure something will pop up.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No surprise if you've been following this forum just a little bit.........
Along with the high prices, another consideration for me is Hyundai has taken away most spare tires and also cheapened the headlights as they dropped HID (on the upper level models) and went to LED.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,397 Posts
Replace HID with LED headlight is a good thing, only if same performance or better. SF LED projection headlight is highly rated!

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
998 Posts
Consider going out of state. There's 10 Caligraphy models (five 2021s and five 2022s) within 75 miles of my location in Michigan.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Consider going out of state. There's 10 Caligraphy models (five 2021s and five 2022s) within 75 miles of my location in Michigan.
I have checked had dealer in Florida checked. To get to a Hyundai dealer with a decent inventory outside of Florida is close to 500 miles. I have contacted the closer ones in Georgia and they only have 2022 models. They all want sticker price plus $799 dealer fees. Not worth that kind of trip.

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Replace HID with LED headlight is a good thing, only if same performance or better. SF LED projection headlight is highly rated!
However they are not road tracking nor self leveling to the best of my readings.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have checked had dealer in Florida checked. To get to a Hyundai dealer with a decent inventory outside of Florida is close to 500 miles. I have contacted the closer ones in Georgia and they only have 2022 models. They all want sticker price plus $799 dealer fees. Not worth that kind of trip.
Sticker + $799 is probably the way it's going to be, for a while.

That said, the place I got mine started with sticker + $799 and when we got done a few hours later, it was sticker - $2000 + 799. Took a lot of work, though. In the old days you could just walk in there and say "I'm paying invoice minus a grand" and someone would sell you a car. Those days, it seems, are gone with the wind.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,397 Posts
However they are not road tracking nor self leveling to the best of my readings.
Those are features that are not specific to HID or LED.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe SEL 2.4 AWD / 2014 Elantra SE
28 Posts
I started searching for a 21 or 22 Santa Fe Ltd or possibility a Calligraphy. I was amazed to find that the most dealer inventories are a lot of the SEL trim but few or none of the LTD or Calligraphy. and selling prices at almost sticker with few to no incentives. I currently have a 2010 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0 with 36,000 miles and the trade in is very very good at somewhere around $24,000. However I am finding it a little difficult to swallow the high prices. Nothing wrong with my 18, just got the new car itch but will probably wait as I really don't want a car payment again at least for a while.
Why do you expect dealers to offer discounts on the top trims in the current hot market? + natural shortage due to issues with a lack of chips for car-makers
Even last year when SE / SEL were selling at BIG discounts, LTD prices were almost at MSPR
Hey, I just checked KBB and my near-junk Elantra INCREASED in price.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
296 Posts
Completely agree, I've nothing but praise for the headlights on my Caligraphy.
Agreed, the LED's are much brighter and clearer than the HID that I had in my 21 SEL!

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Calligraphy
110 Posts
I got mine it late April when they were still dealing a little bit on Cali’s, before the bottom dropped out. But, I got about $4K more on my 2015 SF Ultimate trade than I had been quoted in January, so that took the sting out of it somewhat.

·
Registered
88 Posts

That said, the place I got mine started with sticker + $799 and when we got done a few hours later, it was sticker - $2000 + 799. Took a lot of work, though. In the old days you could just walk in there and say "I'm paying invoice minus a grand" and someone would sell you a car. Those days, it seems, are gone with the wind.
fitzmall.com one price

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD
2 Posts

This sounds exactly like the deal I got a couple of weeks ago... bought from Koons Woodbridge and it took a lot of back and forth to get them down. I bought two 21 Limited’s - on separate days so they had no idea I was coming back for the second one. One was AWD and the other was FWD.

AWD Limited - MSRP was $43,035 - negotiated them down to $40,823 + TTP

FWD Limited - MSRP was $40,760 - negotiated them down to $38,898 + TTP

I did pay the $899 Koons ridiculous processing fee. Ugg! The other part of the equation, though, was trading in two vehicles - a Lincoln Aviator and a Cadillac Escalade - both vehicles Koons paid what I wanted so I’m very happy with the deal.

Long story short, there are deals be had out there. But like lgfrie said, you have to work for them.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This sounds exactly like the deal I got a couple of weeks ago... bought from Koons Woodbridge and it took a lot of back and forth to get them down. I bought two 21 Limited’s - on separate days so they had no idea I was coming back for the second one. One was AWD and the other was FWD.

AWD Limited - MSRP was $43,035 - negotiated them down to $40,823 + TTP

FWD Limited - MSRP was $40,760 - negotiated them down to $38,898 + TTP

I did pay the $899 Koons ridiculous processing fee. Ugg! The other part of the equation, though, was trading in two vehicles - a Lincoln Aviator and a Cadillac Escalade - both vehicles Koons paid what I wanted so I’m very happy with the deal.

Long story short, there are deals be had out there. But like lgfrie said, you have to work for them.
Yep, that's basically the same discount I got. Koons Woodbridge - we're in the same market. I bought from Fairfax Hyundai. It seems in our area $2k is about what can be accomplished.

I was all set to demand the dealer take their stupid logo plate off the back of the vehicle, but didn't have to. As I was ready to leave I asked them, "why no free dealer advertising stuck on my car?" He said the 2.5T models move so fast they don't have time to put the logos on.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts