Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not 100% sure about turning my Santa Fe into my recreational vehicle of choice or not. I love taking it off road but I don't know if there's enough parts to customize it with and to ensure the safety of the passengers and efficiency of the vehicle. If anyone could help me out by refering me to a good site or any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
If you want to transform it into a rally style vehicle, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. The Santa Fe is a unibody, not body-on-frame and because of that, it's harder to modify and lift.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
You are very limited in what you can do, as LMSF said. About the only options you have are a very modest chassis lift with longer springs and a few options with tires/wheels, which may involve cutting fenders for clearance. Face it, the Santa Fe is a crossover, not a strict SUV.

Now, if you had an older Suzuki Sidekick/Vitara, as I once did, there would be LOTS of things to do ...!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I might look online for one of those suzuki's now. Definately keeping the santa fe just as my transport. And thanks for telling me before i really screwed something up on my vehicle.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
At one time, I had a '02 Suzuki Sidekick two-door ragtop, which was a ball to drive in the woods and on old dirt roads. It had 4 wheel drive and was small enough to go practically anywhere (so small I didn't drive it, I WORE it). If you get one, check out:

www(dot)puresuzuki(dot)com

www(dot)hawksuzukiparts(dot)com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts