Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the central console navigation screen on my 2015 Santa Fe. Starting in November 2018, the nav screen would take several attempts to "load" before it finally became functional. Once it booted, it worked fine. The problem disappeared last summer as soon as the weather got warmer, but then recurred last fall. I lived with it over the winter thinking it would correct itself again this summer but no dice. If anything, the problem is worse--I will sometimes drive for a half hour with the screen repeatedly "loading" until eventually, finally, it finishes the process. Very frustrating, as bluetooth, navigation, radio controls, heating/air-conditioning controls are all non-functional as long as this boot-up process is going on.

Anyone else run into this? Possible solutions? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on the previous problem. I took the vehicle to our local Hyundai dealer. They tried: 1. Removing and then re-inserting the SD card, 2. Using a pin to hit the "reset" button on the unit, and 3. Disconnecting and re-connecting the battery. (I had already tried # 1 and #2 at home with no success). They also had no success on all three, so they have concluded that I need a new radio/navigation console, and quoted me $5000 for installing a new one. I am looking for more reasonable options.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Can the current version of your software be reinstalled via the usb port?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can the current version of your software be reinstalled via the usb port?
I wasn't made aware that it was an option when I spoke to the local Hyundai dealer. Now looking at OEM navigation heads available on-line that could be installed by a buddy who is well versed in car electronics.

·
Registered
488 Posts
They have the map updates, correct? I think the update may be a complete system Image, but I could be wrong..
I know your settings are lost when the update is loaded, so it could clear things up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts