Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, this is my first posting so is there anyone out there who has ordered a Santa Fe from a UK dealership this year and can tell me how long it took to be delivered. I ordered mine in the 2nd week of May 2010 having been told it will be delivered within 8 weeks, however so far not a sign from the dealership, just a few hints that it should be on time. My last car was an Audi and they kept in touch with me on factory order confirmation, build, shipping and eventual collection date. Any feed back will be most appreciated as I'm concerned that the Audi trade-in quote is loosing value as I write.
Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Travelbuddy @ Jun 30 2010, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=337558
Hi there, this is my first posting so is there anyone out there who has ordered a Santa Fe from a UK dealership this year and can tell me how long it took to be delivered. I ordered mine in the 2nd week of May 2010 having been told it will be delivered within 8 weeks, however so far not a sign from the dealership, just a few hints that it should be on time. My last car was an Audi and they kept in touch with me on factory order confirmation, build, shipping and eventual collection date. Any feed back will be most appreciated as I'm concerned that the Audi trade-in quote is loosing value as I write.
Cheers

Hi. We ordered ours early March and was expecting a May delivery. It turned out to be the end of June. That's the bad news. The good news is..... it is totally worth the wait! This car is incredible and totally undervalued in every sense. Hope yours arrrives soon mate. Cheers. Tris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine mid June , asked for delivery September 1st ( new plate) . still awaiting update although the dealer was confident it will arrive !! fingers crossed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone.

Just thought I would add an update, we ordered a 2.2CRDi Premium 7 seat manual in Sleek Silver from a main dealer on the 9th July and got a phone call last Friday (20th August) to say it had arrived. I make that six weeks exactly against an estimated delivery date of mid September. Pretty happy with that really.

Sadly we now have to wait another two weeks before we can pick it up :crying:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for that update - I am very reassured!! I was surprised at the long lead time when I ordered a Santa Fe 2.2 Premium Manual 7st in Vanilla White at the end of July. My estimated delivery date is mid to late October.

I am selling my current car (Vauxhall Zafira) privately so will hedge my bets and advertise sooner rather than later, in the hope that the new car will be delivered late September. Don't really want to be without a car for too long - especially since I travel with my job!

Please let us know how you like it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello again...

Well it's been two and a half weeks since we got the car so as requested a quick update on what I think - I should have posted sooner but we have only put on a few hundred miles and I drove her in the dark for the first time yesterday which made me think of replying - more about that below.

Our Santa Fe replaced a slightly worn 80k+ mile 8 year old Seat Alhambra with very tired suspension and steering due to a lifetime of pounding over the local speed humps and pot holes, so comparing the two would be a little unfair but is bound to happen - here goes.

First impressions - quiet, stunningly quiet compared to the Hammy. You can cruise at 80mph and still hear people in the third row talking to you without raising their voice. Also for the size of the tyres there is very little road noise entering the cabin and the engine is well sound proofed, with the window down you can certainly hear the engine working so I would say it is a case of a very well insulated cabin.

The engine pulls like a train, especially noticeable when on the move and joining fast A roads and dual carrigeways, she will get up to speed indecently quickly considering the size and weight, over taking on the single carrigeways is also now a viable option.

We have only gone through a tank and a half of diesel so far but by my calculations she has averaged 34.9 mpg and that is with a lot of shorter, stop start trips so should get much better over time.

Build quality both inside and out seems excellent, there is one bit of trim down by the drivers knee that is slightly out of line with the adjacent panels but can't be seen unless you look for it, we opted for the Kenwood touch screen SatNav / iPod / Bluetooth / DVD system and it is a very nice bit of kit if a bit over complicated in places - a couple of times we have had to resort to the switch it off and on again method to get back to the main screen as it seemed to get stuck looking for video input when playing the iPod (after we had pressed random buttons to see what they would do of course). Comments made elsewhere about the boot time for this unit are correct, it must be 10 seconds or so for it to start up (it runs on the Windows CE op system I believe). Also it will allow you to view a DVD whilst driving which I think is illegal?

The SatNav is Garmin and seems pretty good, I haven't yet managed to get the Traffic Management data to appear, it seems to be searching for providers all the time although I should probably go back to the manual and read the words, RTFM and all that. The eco driving feature is pretty cool, you can plug in your average mpg and current fuel cost and it will work out a trip price for you when you plan a route.

Gripes:

Only the left hand middle row seat has a lever that folds it completely forward to allow easy entry into the third row, this means you have to walk all the way around the car to help someone out. A minor annoyance.

Dash lighting - very bright and there are prominent reflections on the windscreen up near the rear view mirror from the clock and the entertainment system and both side windows reflect the blue illuminated controls, especially on the drivers side where you can see the whole dashboard reflected back at you when you use the mirrors (which are excellent by the way). Reversing down my drive last night in the rain it was quite distracting having the lights reflected in the side windows, especially when you are working the steering wheel and you can see the illuminated cruise and audio controls spinning around.

Seats - at the moment the seats are quite hard, I suspect the leather will give over time but as a result there is very little lateral support and you do tend to slide a bit under cornering, a shame as there isn't as much body roll as you would expect from the car itself.

Right, I think that is it. Wasn't a quick review after all, sorry about that... Here's to the next few hundred miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just took collection of my new Santa Fe, 9 weeks from order. I am also having trouble getting traffic on the Kenwood unit. As far as I can see it has been loaded with the North American subscription rather than the UK. Anyway it is going back to be checked next week so I will report back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been driving my 2010 Premium 5 seat for 5 weeks now. So far everything seems fine. My only gripe is the glow-plug indicator light stays on unless you turn the ignition off ond back on again?? I will mention it to the dealer when next passing.

I have the Clarion audio/sat-nav system fitted in mine, there is no light issue in the cabin and all the features seen to work fine. Is there not a screen display setting to turn the brightness down?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts