Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is the current Santa Fe sold in Australia made at the Ansan factory?

If it is, are the cars then moved to Ulsan before they go onto the RoRo ships?

I have bought an Active Diesel manual but have to wait a very long time for my car to arrive. I currently have a Tuscon and we recently bought an i30 Tourier as well.

Thank you
Sean

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
All LWB Santa Fe's sold anywhere in the world are built in Asan, Korea - I've no idea where they get loaded onto PCCS (Pure Car Carriers) for shipment around the world.

HOWEVER, Hyundai in their infinite wisdom have refused to build any right-hand drive versions of the LWB Santa Fe so the UK and Australia continue to get a 7-seat version of the SWB Santa Fe, aka Santa Fe Sport in North America.

The 7-seat SWB Santa Fe for UK and Australia is also built in Asan.

Both 5-seat and 7-seat versions of RHD SWB Santa Fe have been rationed to about 1/3 of normal sales since the launch of the 2013 DM model and delivery times have been impossible to establish - just place an order and wait for the dealer to tell you it's arrived in your country!

·
Registered
217 Posts
HOWEVER, Hyundai in their infinite wisdom have refused to build any right-hand drive versions of the LWB Santa Fe so the UK and Australia continue to get a 7-seat version of the SWB Santa Fe, aka Santa Fe Sport in North America.
Wow, now that's one tight packaging there. Perhaps not even worth considering IMO...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Water Leak

I wonder if the water leak problem still exists?

I have ordered a white Active manual diesel which comes as a 7 seater.
I am still waiting for an ETA.

Thank you
Sean

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mid-size in North America = full-size everywhere else in RoW - maybe there's a difference in size of people :rolleyes:
Sorry, I did not mean to be rude (I did not notice you drive one). I am just thinking that in my VC the 3rd row is pretty tight already, so squeezing some 15-20cm from there (and the 2nd row) makes it pretty much kid only seating. In the VC/SF LWB version an adult (not a Supersized one) can sit on the 3rd row for an hour or two, not happily, but still doable...

On the positive note, you have Diesel there, which is the only right engine for a CUV of this size. But we can't have that here...

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
It's not just people size - there has always been, probably always will be, the fact that full-size cars in North America are a size bigger than Europe and elsewhere although the Chinese seem to like big cars as well.

The 3-row Santa Fe SWB is fine for 5 adults and a couple of teenagers, although the "old" CM model is easier to get into the 3rd row than the new DM model, despite the CM's lack of sliding 2nd row.

Hyundai's decision not to built the LWB Santa Fe in right-hand drive isn't actually that surprising as sales would be very low - the Aussies would buy a few and I'd buy one but few other Brits would - even so I'd want the S-series diesel, the 3.0 V6, rather than the R-series 2.2 I4 that we get in Santa Fe SWB.

It made sense to drop the 7-seat option on Santa Fe SWB in markets where Veracruz and Santa Fe LWB is available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ETA date?

Hi, does your dealer legally need to give you an ETA date before the 7 day cooling period ends?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
That'll depend on local/national legislation.

In the UK there's a 7/14 day cooling off for "distance selling" agreements, ie via internet or phone but not for face-to-face sales - but then it's not difficult to build delivery terms into the contract.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
The VIN number allocated is a good sign - I don't think they release that until it's on the ship.

Why don't you contact Hyundai Australia with the VIN number and ask them when the ship is expected to dock in Australia and how much longer it'll be after that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts