Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My high level stop light has stopped working, both tail lights are fine so it's not the switch.

There is no reference in the manual to either a fuse or changing the bulb. I couldn't find anything in the forums either despite a good search!

Does anyone know if it has its own fuse?

Any ideas how to replace the bulb(s)?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK............Solved it. Not that hard, just fiddly. I have come to the conclusion that it went into the "too difficult box" when they were writing the manual.

You remove the 2 x 10mm bolts to remove the light cluster from the tailgate, disconnect the wiring and you will see 2 screws holding the cluster together. Although it does feel flimsy and you feel that it is going to shatter into a million pieces it does actually prise apart.

I fully expected to find LEDs but it's a simple push in bulb (which is black / burnt out in my case) with a reflector.

So now you know!

Job done!

Cheers!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I didn't look at your location until the second post so I was wondering what bulb you found.

Just so everybody who reads this is aware, the North American spec Santa Fe has an LED light unit. If it fails, you will need to replace the entire assembly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case anyone's interested, this is the UK (and presumably European?) version which has a simple push in bulb.

Cheers, Steve.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
thanks for this pic. steve, point to remember here is the difference between the european and north american models

1 - 5 of 5 Posts