Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i have a 2006 santa fe FWD 2.7L..love this truck..but recently i have a front end noise....a clunk noise at low speeds on small bumps,,.so i replaced the front left anf right end links,,(moog)
the noise is still there,,replaced both front left and right a-arms ,,the a arms are new and have new bushings and ball joints etc...noise is still there...WTF!...the vehucule has 73000km..struts?? any help is appreaciated,,thankyou.

·
Registered
543 Posts
hi, i have a 2006 santa fe FWD 2.7L..love this truck..but recently i have a front end noise....a clunk noise at low speeds on small bumps,,.so i replaced the front left anf right end links,,(moog)
the noise is still there,,replaced both front left and right a-arms ,,the a arms are new and have new bushings and ball joints etc...noise is still there...WTF!...the vehucule has 73000km..struts?? any help is appreaciated,,thankyou.
Double check your bolts on the entire front suspension. My clunk happened to come from a loose bolt on my control arm. Do that before you dump any more money.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a sorda the same problem except mine does it when accelerating and braking. single clunk same vehicle as mooch1.. mine has 194,000 kms on it

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have a sorda the same problem except mine does it when accelerating and braking. single clunk same vehicle as mooch1.. mine has 194,000 kms on it
Check the inner tie rods. Jack the front of vehicle up and grasp tire at 3 and 9 o'clock positions and wiggle side to side. If the inner tie rods are worn you will hear a ticking sound. If that is the case it's best to replace both sides.

·
Registered
843 Posts
You could look for loosened motor mounts. That could give a clonking noise at various speeds and conditions.
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts