Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I think this is my first post. Got a 2007 Santa-Fe 2.2TDi, history is the clutch failed July 2009, and ever since being replaced by my local Hyundai dealer, I get the ESP OFF light coming on after about 10 miles of constant speed around 60mph.

Garage have reset the fault code twice and also "re-aligned the ESP sensors". Fault still there. They now say that wheel alignment might be the cause of the problem.

Now to my question: Would wheel alignment be knocked out when replacing the clutch ?

Reason for my question: The dealer refuses to do the wheel alignment withour payment of £50 (USD $90)

Any feedback most welcome.

Graeme (in Scotland, UK)

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's switched off by the dash board override switch, unless that switch is OFF it should be on. Front wheel alignment could only cause the ESP light (ESP active and in action light) to come on, not the ESP OFF light, even then I'm not sure this will cause an ESP active light to illuminate. I would suggest they have damaged the wiring loom or you have a co-incidental fault in the ESP system, I'm not sure if the ESP is part of the ECU or ABS or even a mixture off both.
Whose your dealer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Dartman.

Bought the car from Arnol Clark in Glasgow but the dealer who did the clutch replacement and the 3 further unsuccessful visits is SDM (Square Deal Motors) in Falkirk.

The ESP can be turned off with the ESP OFF switch as normal. My problem is that after something like 10 miles on the M8 / M9, the ESP OFF light comes on (without me pressing the ESP OFF switch).

Things go back to mormal with an ignition OFF/ON.

Arnold is not interested as he did not do the warranty repair.

Is ESP looking at the speed of each wheel like ABS ?

Cheers,

Graeme

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dartman,

Is there a way of testing the sensors accossiated with the ESP ? Is there a tool such as the TECH 2 that vauxhaul use for programming / reading codes / reading faults etc ?

Graeme

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Somebody at Hyundai is going to get a nasty letter from me! First they deny us North Americans the diesel engine option, now I find out you Brits are also getting Extra Sensory Perception...

:grin:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ Apr 23 2010, 01:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316094
Somebody at Hyundai is going to get a nasty letter from me! First they deny us North Americans the diesel engine option, now I find out you Brits are also getting Extra Sensory Perception...

:grin:
It is ESP over there. But you Canadians get Heated Glass, Adjustable Pedals, and DRL's. We can't get those for any price :gitara:

·
Registered
169 Posts
QUOTE (SANTA-FE-UK @ Apr 23 2010, 02:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316070
Dartman,

Is there a way of testing the sensors accossiated with the ESP ? Is there a tool such as the TECH 2 that vauxhaul use for programming / reading codes / reading faults etc ?

Graeme
There have been a number of suggestions at the HOCUK there is a thread here http://www.hyundaiownersclub.co.uk/forum/v...pic.php?id=2626, however the administrator will offer the best advice. You may need to login to read the thread. i can understand why Arnold won't get involved as they won't get paid by Hyundai if it's a garage miss repair, It's still not an alignment problem, the ESP is being switched off probably due to a earth or partial earth, most processor control is carried out by grounding inputs.
ESP has limited control of the brakes to try to enable the car to track the steering angle, and will in extreme cases clutch in the 4 x 4 drive to enable power to 1 or both rear wheels.

Don67 If Hyundai provided that form of ESP we wouldn't need the Sante Fe forum.

G

·
Do calibration with check of ESP calibration reading

I have exactly the same problem with the Santafe V6 4WD 2008, it happened after repair of power steering.

You could ask your mechanic at hyundai workshop to do re-calibration/reset of ESP, but don't forget to read all the reading on the ESP calibration screen. In my case it was found that the steering angle reading is 17 degree, when the position of steering/front wheel is exactly straight/ 0=zero degree.

Hope it works for your Santa Fe.

Herry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts