Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i just encountered this recently. me and my buddy was detailing my engine bay so i removed the negative pole in the battery. after cleaning we put the negative back on. also we were careful not to wet the electrical things then this happend.

the avg fuel consumption was not reading properly any suggestions? brought it to the dealer and they said they dont what to do and i have to wait for their answer.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Disconnecting the battery may reset the average fuel consumption - but don't worry, it's useless - you can't reset it yourself so it's only ever the average since the last battery disconnect - and the range calculation uses this overall average rather than current or this tank average.

Compared to Vauxhalls of 15 years ago, the Hyundai trip computer is no use to man nor beast.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) but will it go back to normal? cause right now its not stable. if u will check the video its like a speedometer

·
Registered
843 Posts
After a reset like that calculations are set to to 0. Then it will start over calculating from there, so in time it probably will regain some previous results, depending on the amount of your trips.
Also the tank content to km before refueling are dependent on average consumption, so it also will have to be recalculated over some time.
So normally all will be corrected over time.
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts