Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Thinking of buying a 2014 Santa Fe AWD for the wife. Are there any common issues with these cars that I should be looking for or be aware of?

·
Registered
37 Posts
We've owned our 2014 Ultimate since it was new. The only issue we have had is a leaking windshield reservoir. It was fixed under warranty. The tech at the dealership said it's a common problem. The pump leaks at the housing. No other problems. It's a solid vehicle.

·
Registered
842 Posts
We have a 2014 GLS. The only issue we have had is the navigation / stereo screen freezing at the "I agree" screen. The head unit was replaced once under warranty, which reduced the number of times it was happening, but it still happens. Other than that, we have been very happy. Close to 60,000 miles now.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
We have a 2014 GLS. The only issue we have had is the navigation / stereo screen freezing at the "I agree" screen. The head unit was replaced once under warranty, which reduced the number of times it was happening, but it still happens. Other than that, we have been very happy. Close to 60,000 miles now.
What version of the map are you running ?

Wife's 2014 SFS 2.0T - replaced turbo line (recall), GPS would show blank screen (replaced under warranty) no more problems. Updated map in 2015 for free as GPS was taking us off then back on same highway. Plus we complained that our NEW car had old maps.
Rear door lock broke, replaced under warranty. 42K on it now. Just put on new Michline tires ($950) in Nov.

·
Registered
842 Posts
What version of the map are you running ?

To be honest, I don't know. We haven't updated anything with it since they replaced the head unit. I have read that there is an update that would fix the problem, but don't know if we want to pay for an update.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I would contact Hyundai, tell them the problem. It locks up when starting, they might pay for some or most of it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
We did take it back to them when it did it with the new head unit. Basically they said they could "try" to get Hyundai to replace it again. It does it just enough to be aggravating, but probably not enough for me to raise my blood pressure arguing with Hyundai about it. The stereo still functions, just have to live with the agree screen. Usually shutting the car off and restarting it will take care of it. Sometimes we have to wait for the system to shut down via the timer vs opening the door to get it to reset. Resetting it with the pinhole button always works, but we also have to reprogram all the presets when we do that. Probably should just suck it up and pay for an update and see if that helps (with the accuracy of the maps as well).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Kevinj,
Did you purchase the Santa Fe for your wife?
I have a 2014 Santa Fe LWB Limited, Ultra since new & no issues to speak of.
Good Luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts