Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
I can not get good heat from the heater of my 2005 Santa Fe 2.0ltr diesel. It has the auto climate control that is set at maximum heat of 32 degrees C. The thermostat fitted in it's engine is 82 degrees C. It also takes a long time for the temperature gauge to reach normal, like a half-hour of driving. Even when the temp reaches normal on the gauge the max cabin setting of 32 degrees only puts out a lukewarm flow. It has always been like this even from new. It is absolutely useless and I wonder if I can by-pass some valve or other to get the cabin temp up to around 82 degrees like it's thermostat? Also, where can I get a diagram of the heaters for this vehicle?
Regards;
connemaragerry.

·
Registered
460 Posts
QUOTE (connemaragerry @ Dec 21 2010, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382173
Guys,
I can not get good heat from the heater of my 2005 Santa Fe 2.0ltr diesel. It has the auto climate control that is set at maximum heat of 32 degrees C. The thermostat fitted in it's engine is 82 degrees C. It also takes a long time for the temperature gauge to reach normal, like a half-hour of driving. Even when the temp reaches normal on the gauge the max cabin setting of 32 degrees only puts out a lukewarm flow. It has always been like this even from new. It is absolutely useless and I wonder if I can by-pass some valve or other to get the cabin temp up to around 82 degrees like it's thermostat? Also, where can I get a diagram of the heaters for this vehicle?
Regards;
connemaragerry.
Is the pollen filter(s) clean and is the entry air vent clear. Can you confirm this please

·
Registered
390 Posts
If the temerature gauge is taking a long time to come up to normal temperature I would check for a bad thermostat. It sounds like it is not closing to permit the engine to warm up and therefore your heating issue. Just make sure you replace the thermostat with the same temperature as the OEM.Also check your anti freeze level first to make sure it is full.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Something I've done many times is block air flow through half the radiator in cold weather.

On my Santa, I put a piece of paper box cut to fit between the radiator and the air conditioner condenser on the right side (left side if viewed from the front with the hood/bonnet open). I didn't want to block the other side also because I didn't want to completely block the radiator, condenser, and transmission cooler. It tends to warm up a little faster and I'm sure it helps the heater work a little better.

A thermostat, or any other basic temperature control device, has a band of temperature through which it controls. In the case of a coolant thermostat, it's typically about ten degrees F. In other words, at its set point, it will normally be open about half way. At the low end, about 5 degrees below set point, it will just start to crack open. At the high end, it will be fully open. Raising the coolant temperature slightly will tend to get toward the upper end of its operating range and will give coolant temps a few degrees warmer to improve heater output. Basic control sequence of operation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (pemdas1972 @ Dec 24 2010, 08:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383034
If the temerature gauge is taking a long time to come up to normal temperature I would check for a bad thermostat. It sounds like it is not closing to permit the engine to warm up and therefore your heating issue. Just make sure you replace the thermostat with the same temperature as the OEM.Also check your anti freeze level first to make sure it is full.
I have changed the thermostat and pollen filter with absolutely no improvement. Is there any way I can over-ride the 32 degrees C climate control to get cabin temperature up to the thermostat temperature? I am thinking that no matter what temperature the thermostat is, the maximum that the climate control will let the cabin temp up to is just 32 degrees C. There must be some way to by-pass the electronic 32 degrees C setting.
Regards;
Gerry.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I would look into the temperature blend motor because there is the chance it's not opening or closing completely and hence, you are not getting pure hot air because cooler air is always working its way in. 32ºC is right about 90ºF and that should be putting out plenty of hot air so I think a flap is stuck in there somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (lovemysantafe @ Dec 27 2010, 12:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=383558
I would look into the temperature blend motor because there is the chance it's not opening or closing completely and hence, you are not getting pure hot air because cooler air is always working its way in. 32ºC is right about 90ºF and that should be putting out plenty of hot air so I think a flap is stuck in there somewhere.
I would love to find what keeps the cabin temperature at just 32 degrees c. I would find some way of by-passing it to let the cabin temp up to the thermostat temp of 88 degrees c.
Happy New Year to all;
Gerry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts