Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, this is my first post i have had the my santa fe a year now , i bought it from a workmate i had a landrover discovery before this and loved it , but the hyundai came up and was too good a offer to turn down.
i have just had a cone ring changed , to stop a hard break pedal and a bit of grinding.
there does seem to be another intermitant fault,a juddering when pulling away, it got really worse when i got stuck in a jam with my caravan and i was only inching a yard etc at a time there was the juddering and sometimes a banging from under neath but when the jam cleared and i got away the juddering stopped, could it be the clutch as it seemed to get worse the longer i was in the jam. it also seem to happen less with more rev,s
and one more thing i used veggie oil in the discovery i was told i would not be able to in the santa fe , is this true or has anyone attempted it .
thanks
eric

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi Eric,
If it is a 4WD, juddering underneath while pulling away could point to the transfer box with maybe too little oil in it.
It transfers more or less power to the rear wheels when needed (automatic 4WD).
Otherwise you could look into axles to the front wheels, unbalance, or some excessive play in the joints etc.
Also, check your brakes for maybe sticking calipers. If they get hot after a drive it is not good.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Don't use veggie oil - it's unsuitable for any common rail diesel because of the high pump pressure and lack of pump lubrication from veggie oil.

The LR Discovery 1/2 diesels were old-school.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts