Hyundai Forums banner

121 - 140 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
On my setup I can get 1 finger in between the tire and the bottom strut plate, but not two fingers. So if you go much larger than the 245/65R17 that I did, it will rub. I wanted to go a little larger on the tire, but I decided that they would not fit. I seriously looked at them, but the 70 series is a full 1 inch larger, figure that if there is a clearance of 1/4" or so, then the added approx 1/2" you will gain at the top will put you in contact with the strut. Perhaps a different offset wheel can gain you a little back by pushing the combo out a bit? The stock wheels are a +49.5 offset and the Mayhem Warrior's that I installed are a +40 offset. All of that said, I think 245/65R17 is about the top you can get under there without more modification. Because the AT3 is such a beefy looking tire to begin with, the tire looks good and meaty under the Santa Fe.

Hope that helps.

View attachment 442737

View attachment 442738
Thanks for the confirmation.

My winter set are 13+ gen coupe 18s so the fronts are already 18x7.5 +32 and rears are 18x8 +30. So even on oem tire sizes it still sits slightly under the strut so I'm betting the offset would need to be at least 20 or lower. I'm not much about that poke look so 245/65R17 would be the max I'd go too 😕

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation.

My winter set are 13+ gen coupe 18s so the fronts are already 18x7.5 +32 and rears are 18x8 +30. So even on oem tire sizes it still sits slightly under the strut so I'm betting the offset would need to be at least 20 or lower. I'm not much about that poke look so 245/65R17 would be the max I'd go too 😕
yeah. I am not much into the wheels sticking out much either. I think to get the large size, given the hight and width, you would need to be pretty far out. Maybe a 10 or something?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the info and pics. I agree, the rear suspension is way to soft on the XL we have and I plan to replace the springs come spring/summer but...

The factory tires are horrible in the mud and snow. We live a couple miles down a non-maintained road so it isn’t the greatest road out there. Then again, the maintained roads really aren’t that good either. Anyway, my question,

Will the Falken AT3W 245/65r17s fit without lifting the vehicle? Height wise they should virtually identical to the factory tires but they are a half inch wider. Think they will rub or catch the fender flare?

Would like to put new wheels and tires on now and wait for warmer weather before messing with the springs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Thanks for the info and pics. I agree, the rear suspension is way to soft on the XL we have and I plan to replace the springs come spring/summer but...

The factory tires are horrible in the mud and snow. We live a couple miles down a non-maintained road so it isn’t the greatest road out there. Then again, the maintained roads really aren’t that good either. Anyway, my question,

Will the Falken AT3W 245/65r17s fit without lifting the vehicle? Height wise they should virtually identical to the factory tires but they are a half inch wider. Think they will rub or catch the fender flare?

Would like to put new wheels and tires on now and wait for warmer weather before messing with the springs.
You can put wheels and tires without the lift. I don’t think the tires fit with stock wheels (as it might rub on the inside of the fender wells).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts

Dags is correct. The tires will fit, but only if you are running a wheel that is +40 offset or less I believe. Because the stock wheels are +49.5 and that combined with the wider tire will cause rubbing I think. Not 100% sure, but 95% sure. I followed Dags lead on this but I also spent a LOT of time sizing things up before I did all of the upgrades. So I believe you can run the 245/65R17 AT3W tire on stock suspension, but only with a lower offset wheel than factory.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was looking at a set of wheels with +42 offset. I’ll rethink that and look at +40 or +38.

Bob
The suspension change is totally worth it when you get to it. It handles and rides like it should have from the factory. I was originally going to just do the rear Varacruz springs. So happy that I went all in on the Eihbacks (much thanks for Dags for finding them and leading the way there). The setup is SOOOOO much better!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
The suspension change is totally worth it when you get to it. It handles and rides like it should have from the factory. I was originally going to just do the rear Varacruz springs. So happy that I went all in on the Eihbacks (much thanks for Dags for finding them and leading the way there). The setup is SOOOOO much better!!!
Yes totally worth it @Trash Hauler. I will be selling my rear 30mm spacers if you are interested. I am going to get the 40mm instead.

It’s great to hear that a lot of y’all are finding the upgrade worth it. It definitely makes the Santa Fe a complete different beast.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a full load in the car today. 2 full sets of wheels and tires in the back. The takeoffs from the Santa Fe and another set from the wife’s car because we just swapped her wheels and tires. With that and 3 people in the car. It never bottomed out. Rode nicely. And it was solid and stable. No sagging.

so much better!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very glad to hear that it’s relatively simple to get the vehicle riding like it should. Haven’t decided if I want to go 30 or 40 mm in the rear but it definitely sits lower than the front. Will do some more looking and let you know on the spacers.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did 30 rear and 20 front with the Eibach springs that are 25 all the way around. So that makes it 55 rear and 45 front total. Works well for me. The rear sits even or slightly higher than the front. But I would really say even.

I don’t know if you were to do the larger spacer in the rear with the spring if you can get the camber in alignment without some additional mods. That’s something to consider. Seems Dags is going that way, so he has to be confident he can.

the thing with the Eibach springs is that they seem to be progressive springs to me. What I mean is that they are nice riding and yet when you hit a big dip or bump they don’t bottom or compress like a marshmallow. They are stable all the way around.

the one thing I would say about the job - if you are going to do the labor yourself - getting the strut back in with the spacer and up into the top mount is a real pain. It’s not the hardest thing I’ve ever done- but it takes some patience.

have a wonderful weekend guys!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
I did 30 rear and 20 front with the Eibach springs that are 25 all the way around. So that makes it 55 rear and 45 front total. Works well for me. The rear sits even or slightly higher than the front. But I would really say even.

I don’t know if you were to do the larger spacer in the rear with the spring if you can get the camber in alignment without some additional mods. That’s something to consider. Seems Dags is going that way, so he has to be confident he can.

the thing with the Eibach springs is that they seem to be progressive springs to me. What I mean is that they are nice riding and yet when you hit a big dip or bump they don’t bottom or compress like a marshmallow. They are stable all the way around.

the one thing I would say about the job - if you are going to do the labor yourself - getting the strut back in with the spacer and up into the top mount is a real pain. It’s not the hardest thing I’ve ever done- but it takes some patience.

have a wonderful weekend guys!
I am almost sure that there is enough camber left in the rear to bring it back to specs. My rear sits lower than the front (I have the 30mm front spacer) but love how the front looks, thus my only option is to go higher on the rear :)

I did all labor myself in my garage. As FastDEW said, it can get a little difficult/tricky but nothing that patient can handle. On the plus side, you will save a considerable amount of $$$

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am almost sure that there is enough camber left in the rear to bring it back to specs. My rear sits lower than the front, but love how the front looks, thus my only option is to go higher on the rear :)

I did all labor myself in my garage. As FastDEW said, it can get a little difficult/tricky but nothing that patient can handle. On the plus side, you will save a considerable amount of $$$

You did 30mm front?

·
Registered
136 Posts
This is how much I paid from this same shop. Do their price seems to have gone up. But you can even shop on eBay and other places for them to find the best price.

121 - 140 of 154 Posts