Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Did you delete OEM resonators? Did sound change?
No, only the tips were changed. I damaged the OEM cover on a camping trip to Colorado.

Simply removed the bumper exhaust cover and welded the tips to the OEM pipe. Sounds the same, looks a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to this forum.
I like what you don the your santa fe. Ive been fighting with Hyundai about the rear height of my 2018 lwb 6 passenger santa fe. 600 miles and rear shocks replaced because it sat on the bump stops. Got new springs and it now sits about 1/2 inch off stop but still lower in the rear. Do you remember where you got the 30mm spacers and if you have a part number?
I am going to try them first. I only need about 1" lift. I do tow a 4000 lbs trailer and will also install air bag just for towing.
Thanks Malcolm

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
New to this forum.
I like what you don the your santa fe. Ive been fighting with Hyundai about the rear height of my 2018 lwb 6 passenger santa fe. 600 miles and rear shocks replaced because it sat on the bump stops. Got new springs and it now sits about 1/2 inch off stop but still lower in the rear. Do you remember where you got the 30mm spacers and if you have a part number?
I am going to try them first. I only need about 1" lift. I do tow a 4000 lbs trailer and will also install air bag just for towing.
Thanks Malcolm
Thank you Malcom. I ordered them from eBay. There is not a specific part number for them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dags.

Just wanted to thank you for turning me onto the suspension options. I finally installed the Eibach springs, along with new KYB shocks/struts and a 30mm rear spacer with a 20mm front spacer. After the alignment (using camber bolts as well), the Santa Fe finally rides like it should have from the factory. It is far far far better. Amazing difference. Now I actually like it again. It sits right as well.

I haven’t done tires and wheels yet. They are in the near future. But the ride and handling are now so much better that it is almost a different car.

thank you for sharing the info on these.

FastDEW

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #107 (Edited)
Dags.

Just wanted to thank you for turning me onto the suspension options. I finally installed the Eibach springs, along with new KYB shocks/struts and a 30mm rear spacer with a 20mm front spacer. After the alignment (using camber bolts as well), the Santa Fe finally rides like it should have from the factory. It is far far far better. Amazing difference. Now I actually like it again. It sits right as well.

I haven’t done tires and wheels yet. They are in the near future. But the ride and handling are now so much better that it is almost a different car.

thank you for sharing the info on these.

FastDEW
Thank you FastDew! I completely agree, it makes the Santa Fe feel like a complete different car. It is my pleasure to help out. How are the KYB shocks? I was thinking of getting those for my Santa Fe.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thank you FastDew! I completely agree, it makes the Santa Fe feel like a complete different car. It is my pleasure to help out. How are the KYB shocks? I was thinking of getting those for my Santa Fe.

the combination of the KYB and the Eibach makes this feel so different. Hard to tell exactly on the KYBs since I did it all at same time. But the damping is definitely more controlled now. Far more stable with less bounce and float.

hyundai should drive this now and feel how it should be done. Lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
They build a car for a price and compromise.
yes. I agree. But this is not where they should have cut costs. The rear suspension on the XL is WAY too soft. They bottom out easily and that is when nobody is in the back. terrible.

the rest of the car is great.

·
Registered
136 Posts
So I have been through two tanks of gas. One city and the other mostly highway. Only change to the car is the suspension. Haven’t changed the wheel/tires yet. Anyway, I notice that my MPG has dropped about 1.5 per gallon on the highway. Perhaps a little on the streets as well, but certainly on the highway. I would not have expected that. I guess the wind resistance?

still totally worth it. The ride and handling is tons better. I am interested to see with the new wheels and tires.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
So I have been through two tanks of gas. One city and the other mostly highway. Only change to the car is the suspension. Haven’t changed the wheel/tires yet. Anyway, I notice that my MPG has dropped about 1.5 per gallon on the highway. Perhaps a little on the streets as well, but certainly on the highway. I would not have expected that. I guess the wind resistance?

still totally worth it. The ride and handling is tons better. I am interested to see with the new wheels and tires.
Correct. More turbulence underneath the car generates more drag. I also experience some MPG loss but as you mentioned, totally worth it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Dags,
When you changed your wheels/tires, did you use the original TPMS sensors or change them? I am looking to swap my wheels and install new TPMS sensors. Some websites say I need a scan tool to sync the new sensors and some websites say that all I need to do is drive the car and it will learn the new sensors.

Did you deal with this? just curious.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Dags,
When you changed your wheels/tires, did you use the original TPMS sensors or change them? I am looking to swap my wheels and install new TPMS sensors. Some websites say I need a scan tool to sync the new sensors and some websites say that all I need to do is drive the car and it will learn the new sensors.

Did you deal with this? just curious.
I put the original sensors on the new wheels. If you buy new sensors you will have to sync them to the car (using a special tool), and you will have to sync again when putting the stocks back on.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I put the original sensors on the new wheels. If you buy new sensors you will have to sync them to the car (using a special tool), and you will have to sync again when putting the stocks back on.
Not on my 17. I bought a set of tpms sensors on ebay and installed them on my winter wheels. The car recognized them after a few miles. No special tool needed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not on my 17. I bought a set of tpms sensors on ebay and installed them on my winter wheels. The car recognized them after a few miles. No special tool needed.
thank you for letting us know this. I think from what I have been reading is that some Hyundai’s are like this and others require a scan tool. Maybe depends on the year? Anyway, mine is a 2018 so I assume must be same as your 17.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Project is finished. Much inspiration from Dags07... Thanks!

KYB shocks and struts. Eiback springs. 30mm rear and 20mm front spacer. So total lift is 55mm rear and 45mm front. Have the Mayhem Warrior 17" wheels and Falken AT3W tires with the Rola roof rack and extender.

I think it looks amazing! Drives much nicer as well. Lost a little MPG, but totally worth it. The roof rack makes some wind noise, but nothing that is objectionable.

Hope to see other Santa Fe's modded out there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Project is finished. Much inspiration from Dags07... Thanks!

KYB shocks and struts. Eiback springs. 30mm rear and 20mm front spacer. So total lift is 55mm rear and 45mm front. Have the Mayhem Warrior 17" wheels and Falken AT3W tires with the Rola roof rack and extender.

I think it looks amazing! Drives much nicer as well. Lost a little MPG, but totally worth it. The roof rack makes some wind noise, but nothing that is objectionable.

Hope to see other Santa Fe's modded out there.

View attachment 442674

View attachment 442675

View attachment 442676

View attachment 442677

View attachment 442678
Thank you! Looks great!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
@FastDEW1 @Dags07

How close are you guys to rubbing that front strut with the bigger tires? I can sort of make out from FastDEW1's picture, it looks like 1/4 inch? Is that about right? I really want 245/70R17 but I think that will rub.

·
Registered
136 Posts
@FastDEW1 @Dags07

How close are you guys to rubbing that front strut with the bigger tires? I can sort of make out from FastDEW1's picture, it looks like 1/4 inch? Is that about right? I really want 245/70R17 but I think that will rub.
On my setup I can get 1 finger in between the tire and the bottom strut plate, but not two fingers. So if you go much larger than the 245/65R17 that I did, it will rub. I wanted to go a little larger on the tire, but I decided that they would not fit. I seriously looked at them, but the 70 series is a full 1 inch larger, figure that if there is a clearance of 1/4" or so, then the added approx 1/2" you will gain at the top will put you in contact with the strut. Perhaps a different offset wheel can gain you a little back by pushing the combo out a bit? The stock wheels are a +49.5 offset and the Mayhem Warrior's that I installed are a +40 offset. All of that said, I think 245/65R17 is about the top you can get under there without more modification. Because the AT3 is such a beefy looking tire to begin with, the tire looks good and meaty under the Santa Fe.

Hope that helps.

101 - 120 of 154 Posts