Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Santa Fe 2.7L 2WD with a cracked drivers side tone ring.

It is setting the ABS off randomly and I need to fix it.

I have tried the HMASERVICE site and found only the label for it, not a repair procedure or a part number.

Anybody able to assist??

TIA

Dean.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Get the end of the axle out of the hub to where you see it in the open... if the tone ring is indeed broken, it should wiggle right off.

Go to dealer with the ring, as there is 2 size for the front of Santa Fe, and MICROCAT calls it out wrong if the VIN is entered when searching the part number, so lose the VIN... We keep them on the shelf.

To install it, you will need to heat the ring so it will expand over the joint, and contraction will hold it in place..

NOTE : Clean the surface where the ring resides of rust & dirt.... DO NOT let ring go past the shoulder there, or the ring may sit whopper jaw, so BEWARE when installing new ring.

The pic is of the wrong ring I got, it was too thick - bore too small to fit CV joint OD.. Your ring will likely be thiiner too with larger bore..

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 22 2010, 09:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=351192
Get the end of the axle out of the hub to where you see it in the open... if the tone ring is indeed broken, it should wiggle right off.

Go to dealer with the ring, as there is 2 size for the front of Santa Fe, and MICROCAT calls it out wrong if the VIN is entered when searching the part number, so lose the VIN... We keep them on the shelf.

To install it, you will need to heat the ring so it will expand over the joint, and contraction will hold it in place..

NOTE : Clean the surface where the ring resides of rust & dirt.... DO NOT let ring go past the shoulder there, or the ring may sit whopper jaw, so BEWARE when installing new ring.

The pic is of the wrong ring I got, it was too thick - bore too small to fit CV joint OD.. Your ring will likely be thiiner too with larger bore..
Thanks for the help sbr711!!

The ring IS broken, I can see the break with just the wheel off.

You say there are 2 sizes...how do I know which is which??

When I heat the ring, can I use just a Map-gas torch, or will I need an Acetylene-type??

Thanks Again for the help!!

Dean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts