Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find out information on what's needed for the Santa Fe 30K maintenance?

In the Owners manual, all I see is:

Oil Change
Air Filter
Fuel Filter
Change Coolant

Is that all is needed? Is there a link to find out what maintenance items are needed?

Thanks...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yes you can find out at MHAService.

But here is what is needed:

Oil filter
sump plug washer
coolant
brake fluid
air filter
fuel filter

drive belts (if required)

I would also suggest that you replace your transmission fluid, regardless of whether it is manual or auto.

I asume that you are talking 30 000miles?
Which would be equivalent to a 60 000km service i guess.

Hyundai states that their auto trans fluid is good for 90 000kms, but I don't think that any lubricating fluid should be used for that long, but the genuine fluid is quite expensive and is basically the only stuff that you can use. You can use equivalents, however they are quite expensive.

The same goes for the manual trans fluid!

Good luck with the service.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Hi!.......here`s a link to the site Dr. Hundi mentioned :-
http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/default.asp

Simply enter your car`s details & click the `Shop` tab to access a free Workshop Manual for your car!

It`s an American site, so there may be small spec. differences for other countries.

(All the Hyundai cars which appear on the American market are covered by this site!).

Cheers,
Nick. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Originally posted by VALKYRIE YB70@Nov 9 2004, 12:28 PM
Hi!.......here`s a link to the site Dr. Hundi mentioned :-
http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/default.asp

Simply enter your car`s details & click the `Shop` tab to access a free Workshop Manual for your car!

It`s an American site, so there may be small spec. differences for other countries.

(All the Hyundai cars which appear on the American market are covered by this site!).

Cheers,
Nick. :D
[snapback]2519[/snapback]​

Since we just puurchased ours, all I would suggest is read the manual.
The dealership here in Spokane, WA has a program that if you have all your scheduled maintenance done by them, they will provide free tires for the life of the vehicle. Whether or not this is a good deal I'm not so sure yet. Any thoughts? B)

·
Registered
206 Posts
My dealer does the same thing but they double charge you for everything so it works out to be a bad deal at least here in FL.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 05 came with a book that was made by the dealer and is full of scams. They want you to use the book to validate the work they want done for $$$$$.
Did not fall for it, and am using the format in the owners manual. They indicated in their book that the brakes had to be done at 24000 Klm for over $200 and when asked it was just to clean and lube the pins, they also wanted to service the fuel injectors (found out all they do is put a bottle of stuff in the fuel tank) and service the throttle body and change the plugs (that are rated for 120000K) Grand total for what they wanted on "their" 24K inspection was over $600. Just changed the oil, replace the air filter myself and had them replace the coolant for just over $100. Then they had the nerve to tell me that if I didn't follow their policy they would report me to hyundai for failing to keep the truck's warrenty up to date. Told them to pound sand as I had all receipts for service and warrenty work done down to items that I had purchased at their overpriced parts dept.
My problem is that they are the only dealer within a 200 klm range so I am stuck with them.
Just my two cents.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Beware of dealers custom maintenance manuals. They are just profit manuals for the dealer. Use the maintenance guide in the owner’s manual thay the factory provided with the vehicle. As long as you do that no one can deny you any warranty service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts