Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how do you disable the ding ding sound of the seatbelt? Sometimes im the mall park lot is big and take like 1 hour there and just want to disable it because of that, thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
What do you mean? If you don't want to sit on the belt just hook it up and cut the belt off.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Just understand that be disabling ANY safety system you are accepting any and ALL liability for anything that may happen as a result of it being disabled. Example....Someone drives your vehicle for any reason...Even a service facility road testing your vehicle...and is involved in an accident while not wearing a seat belt....That person could claim that he or she "forgot" because someone disabled the reminder system and take you to civil court. That liability will continue if at any point you sell or trade that vehicle unless you restore the system prior to sending the vehicle off to a new owner.

From the prior examples of your responses I expect I'll receive the same attitude, but as a Dealer and someone familiar with the legal requirements of those safety systems, I still wanted to pass the info along.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I use this short seat belt extender it works great. Now I do take it out when I get out on the highway and go any faster than 70 mph. And with it clipped in the airbags do think you have your belt on so IF you crash and they go off I dont know if there is a timing thing there or not. But in town going slower than 55 I use it for short trips.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts