Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa Fe 2003 V6 Auto FWD: My car has auto-shift with sport-manual shift. When driving the car on auto-shift and more than 25km/h, the car will kick medium hard.
When driving the car on manual in 5 minutes, it is normal. After 5 minutes When driving the car on manual on 2nd gear, the car will
kick medium hard , and it automatically shift to 3rd gear,
and then it will be stuck in 3rd gear, but it only does it whatever speed it is. codes p0732 and p1529 are what I got with the obd2 reader. What can I do to fix the problem.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
0732 is an 2nd gear incorrect ratio .. commonly referred to as a "slip" code.. taking too long to hook up for second gear speed.. oil leak, fouled oil varnished clutch fibers whose friction co-efficient changed enough they dont grip well, slipping and wont hold load..

TCM logic knows what ratios are with each gear, and looks at input shaft speed and output shaft speeds to see if any slippage seen.

Try an ATF change, inexpensive, cleat DTC and see where it goes.. typically slip codes that cant be remedied end up with trans replacement, that why it good to always have clean ATF in auto trans.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Do not know about input sensor.
P1529 means: Intake camshaft control circuit:short to B+.
There seems to be a wiring problem with short to battery voltage.
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts