Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, first week of Santa Fe ownership pretty good so far! car is great, and kids love it.

only issue I have is that its only doing about 27-28mpg. its a Dec 06 car, 2.2 diesel auto. I thought book figure was 34mpg for this car, so i would have thought 30mpg should be achievable! this is A-road driving, not town, and not driving mad either.

all other cars Ive had Ive regularly got to within 2-3mpg of the book figure .

any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My average fuel consumption is as follows;

Average = 25.5 mpg calculated over 25000 Kilometers or 15500 miles
Best = 30.1 mpg Highway cruising
Worst = 20.3 mpg Towing a caravan

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I've only done 3000 miles in my 2011 2.2CRDi automatic and consumption is still improving but I'm getting:-

Overall average 32.2 mpg Imperial
Best 43, worst 26

Towing average 23.3
Best 27, worst 21

From my experience, this is consistent with the Official Combined of 38.2mpg as my usage pattern is always worse than the official figures whatever car I drive.

For the OP, make sure the tyre pressures are correct as it does seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
169 Posts
QUOTE (BigDad @ Apr 27 2011, 06:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=436788
hi guys, first week of Santa Fe ownership pretty good so far! car is great, and kids love it.

only issue I have is that its only doing about 27-28mpg. its a Dec 06 car, 2.2 diesel auto. I thought book figure was 34mpg for this car, so i would have thought 30mpg should be achievable! this is A-road driving, not town, and not driving mad either.

all other cars Ive had Ive regularly got to within 2-3mpg of the book figure .

any thoughts?
What BHP is yours? my 2007 regularly gets 32-36 depending on temperature, think it dropped to 29-30 in the winter, I have got a tuning box but even before it was very similar. You don't need to drop to 2nd very often, however it gets thirsty over an indicated 75mph as the gearing is a tad low in top. Final drive should be higher say 31-32mph/1000 rpm then it may be more economical. Best rev range is 1700-2200 rpm

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi - I've obtained 41.5 with Active Eco on, without Active Eco I can get 39.1 MPG.

I'm really happy with this cars performance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife has had her December 2006 Santa Fe 2.2 Auto now for a year and a half. The average economy over this period including winter must be around the 32mpg mark. If I use it to go to work and back with a good mix of driving, but heavily trafficked motorways, M3, M25 and M4, I get around 35mpg, driving sensibly. On a nice cruise to Wales last year Autumn, we averaged around 38mpg at the end of the trip, but on the way there, the average was just over 40mpg. I do try and drive to ensure that the torque converter stays locked up as much as possible, once you know the speeds, etc. it will become easier to achieve better economy.

Do keep in mind that you cannot compare our 2006 diesels with the 2010 diesels, they have 6 speed autos vs our 5 speeders, 197 bhp to 150 bhp and according to Hyundai much improved economy.

Have fun, they are great vehicles and I think we will be keeping this one for some time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update - been getting 33mpg over the last week, so much better! this is my daily commute on A roads, so pleased with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts