Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I'm new to the forum but have the above car. Around 4 months ago while travelling at 70mph the engine cut out. I was able to get to the hard shoulder and the engine re-started but it ran very rough and would die on acceleration so I got recovered.

My mechanic couldn't find anything wrong, only fault codes U1112 and P1696.

The car has been driven around for over a month and next time on the motorway it cut out again in the middle lane. We got recovered again.

Took it to Hyundai dealership and they could not find what's causing it (but still presented an estimate for unrelated items for £829). When driving it home from the dealership it cut out again, this time at around 5 mph.

Can anyone on here give me any ideas on what to do next - or had a similar problem? - the dealerships advice was to trade it in but I couldn't morally do that in case the next owner has a similar issue on the motorway and there could be catastrophic consequences.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add I have had the following changed:
Fuel filter
Crankshaft sensor

The dealership says there is nothing wrong with the fuel pump, fuel tank or injectors.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm no diesel expert but it seems there has been mentioned on here a two-stage fuel pump arrangement: a low pressure pump in the fuel tank, similar to the gasoline engines, and a high pressure pump around the engine. If either starts having problems, fuel starvation will cause the engine to quit.

For your convenience, go to your profile and fill in all the fields marked with a pencil icon. What you put there will show up in the left margin so you won't have to tell us what you drive each time you post. That will help us help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts