Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone ...
Just want to know if any of you knows something about the chip tuning for our 2013+ Santa fe 2.0T ?

I am coming from VolksWagen community and I always had turbocharged GTI that I always been chipped.

I am kind of sad that I cant find any info on the web about santa fe modifications...
264hp and a chip tuning would be fun to drive :p

So can you give me information about that ?
Thanks

·
Banned
358 Posts
No there is no magical tuning chip for this car just yet. I do believe that the car may have been tuned though. I am emailing him right now to try and find out about it. It's on eof the companies who tuens the Sonata/Optima which share the same engine.

·
Banned
358 Posts
His name is Jay and he has a company out in PA. Oh and "oef" was a spelling error. It's supposed to say "one of"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh I See !! Great I will wait for him to answer your mail!!

I hope he is working on something...
At ths same time....I have fear that the clutch will not be strong enough to handle the power 264hp + chip so.lets ssay 300-320 hp :S

·
Banned
358 Posts
It will probably make 290/300 at the crank, but not at the wheels. I would say maybe 270 max at the wheels. The Sonata/Optima's 2.0T tuning is around 280ish safely. Also, the Sonata's motor is rated 10+hp stock over the Santa Fe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking forward to having a tune. Hopefully early next year something proven will be available.
I wish man !
I like the truck but it would be nice to have little more of boost and if I compare to all my old GTIs exhaust sound is changing too because pf the pressure so i hope they will come out with something !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Santa Fe sport 2.0t ecu tuning for 2013+

Hi everyone ...
Just want to know if any of you knows something about the chip tuning for our 2013+ Santa fe 2.0T ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It gets great reviews from those that have it. I have one on order along with the required spark plugs.
We'll see how it works on the 2.0 Sorento.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Ahhh, for us lowly NA engines, that site doesn't have a tune for the 2.4L engine, only the turbos.

I too wish a nice tune would come around for the 2.4L engines...:frown:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Kit says the chip is undetectable by factory but than says it recommends different spark plugs and a catch can. If there is an engine issue and you try for warranty, the plugs and catch can need to come off - before it goes to dealer.
Just too complicated and not enough HP gain for me to be worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's definitely not for everyone. I can deal with the 25 minutes or so it will take to swap out the plugs and remove the catch can if I need to.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Why would plugs ruin warranty. Just buy better plugs. & im assuming they mean a colder plug or gapped smaller. That's what most folks did on the f150 ecoboost. I had a fully modded 2012. Catch cans are ideal for all turbo engines. If you're running more boost or more hp then more gunk is getting by. A catch can is not hurting the vehicle. Actually making it run cleaner. Far fetched a dealer would deny warranty. What leg do they have to stand on??

Sent from my silver iPad Air 1 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalky

·
Registered
554 Posts
Why would plugs ruin warranty. Just buy better plugs. & im assuming they mean a colder plug or gapped smaller. That's what most folks did on the f150 ecoboost. I had a fully modded 2012. Catch cans are ideal for all turbo engines. If you're running more boost or more hp then more gunk is getting by. A catch can is not hurting the vehicle. Actually making it run cleaner. Far fetched a dealer would deny warranty. What leg do they have to stand on??
Why give Hyundai a reason to refuse or delay warranty?
From what I gather reading blogs etc., Hyundai is on the extremely difficult side of getting warranty coverage.
But hey, its your money and time.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts