Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the car stops after running fo 15 minutes or so , just stops , you leave it for 30 minutes or so then it will start again So I put a dionoticis code reader on it Autel maxi and it came up with camshaft sensor , so I went to dealership and bought I new one put in on the car still getting the samething stops reads camshaft sensor I clear the code samething over and over again .
Can anyone please advise .

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,277 Posts
Hello Mark, welcome to the forum 00000732

Interesting that your getting a cam sensor code. What you describe is a common symptom of a crank position sensor fault. The sensor fails when it gets hot and only starts to work again when it cools down a little, which explains why the engine wont immediately restart after it cuts out.

I'd suggest you replace the crank sensor (back of the engine block, near the gearbox) and see if that cures the problem. And if you could take the time to post back and let us know what happens it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Locate the crankshaft sensor and when it cuts out pour cold water over the sensor and see if it starts. If it starts you found it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts