Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Santa Fé 2.2 CRDi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, has anyone has a diesel Santa Fé?
I have starting issues... sometimes I need to turn my key 2 or 3 times so engine starts.
I can hear the pump pushing diesel to rail every time I turn key. Happens whenever I stop... could it be the valve? pressure sensor? not enought pressure? injector(s) high leak? pump dying?

Anyone had this issue? It started litle by litle... and now... always...
Gasoil circuit.jpg

Here is my engine:

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,721 Posts
could it be the valve? pressure sensor? not enought pressure? injector(s) high leak? pump dying?
Yes, it could be any of those.
Or maybe an immobiliser fault. Is the immobiliser warning light coming on when you switch the ignition on (symbol is a car with a key inside)? Make sure that light is there when the engine wont start. If it's not that's more than likely what your problem is.

·
Registered
Santa Fé 2.2 CRDi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I will check that. But in the mean while I have made some disgnosis and found the valve regulator is not responding... no mesurements...here are the images I have taken... could it be this valve ?

·
Registered
13,721 Posts
Sorry I'm not seeing any images.

An EGR leak could prevent the engine from starting but that usually also causes performance issues too because the boost pressure from the turbo escapes into the exhaust system. How does the car drive once you get the engine running. Does it accelerate normally?

·
Registered
Santa Fé 2.2 CRDi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, the car behaves normaly after start. The immobiliser go off after I switch ignition also.
Tomorrow I will go for a Leak injectors test. Maybe there is a leak in one of the injectors... I have to start with something... so here I go...
I will update you.
Thanks again

·
Registered
Santa Fé 2.2 CRDi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Finaly solved the issue. Its was the fuel pump located in the deposit that died.
Got one used with same reference(it was hard to find...) and today morning got in the job.
It was back again in to the living world.

Thanks for the help.
Stay well.

·
Registered
13,721 Posts
Odd that you had good rail pressure with a dead pump. Anyway, great to hear it's living again.
Thanks for taking the time to post back to confirm the fix. I'm sure the next guy will appreciate you sharing your experience.

·
Registered
Santa Fé 2.2 CRDi
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You see, the pump was in a kind of working/not working at the moment the key was turned... but when it worked... it allows working at next stop... but last thursday... died permanently... so it never start again... I realize that because I stop earing the pump when I start the key... that is why I suspect this pump...

Glad I did it. Hope this can help more users.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts