Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance owns 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L FWD, It's been shutting off once i a while when driving after for a hour or so. Then when you use the A/C it does it the shutdown quicker. Anyone have experience with it please help.
thanks
P.S. by the way no engine codes at all.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Make sure cooling systm is full of coolant.. they get too hoot and end of program, they'll shut off

Upper hose leaks at joint at top of cross-over pipe.. replace joint and gasket, and hose.

Rare for crank position on 3.5 to fault, but scan PCM for DTC anyway, see if anything recovered.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My fiance owns 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L FWD, It's been shutting off once i a while when driving after for a hour or so. Then when you use the A/C it does it the shutdown quicker. Anyone have experience with it please help.
thanks
P.S. by the way no engine codes at all.

It's definitely going to be a heat related issue. Meaning, some component is getting hot and failing. Usually it's a sensor that is critical to setting the spark timing, etc like the crank sensor. The heat causes the circuit to expand and lose connection. When it cools back down, the connects have shrunk back together and the engine runs until the heat has been built up and expansion opens the circuit. Running the A/C just means you are warming everything up faster. A shop could scan the engine while it's running and not running to see what sensor isn't sending a signal, but there are some tests you can do at home if you have the aptitude and some simple tools. ( Multimeter ).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts