Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MODS: If at all possible, I'd prefer this thread stay in the MD forums and not relocated to the general meets section. I only care about fellow MD'ers.

Hey all,

Me and rocketace1 got together last night. We installed the MeccaTune springs on his E, and my new KSport coilovers on mine. The cars looked fantastic together. We didn't get a chance to take pictures together because it was plenty dark by the time we completed both vehicles.

We plan on taking some pictures together this coming week when he drives down to have his fenders rolled.

I wanted to see if any other SD locals wanted to have a mini-meet/shoot.

There is also an upcoming huge car meet at the Dave and Buster's in Mission Valley on an upcoming Sunday. I think it would be pretty dope if we all met up and represented hard.

I was and usually am, the only Elantra at these meets. I'm hoping to change that.

Based on who I've seen posting on this specific MD forum, I know we have atleast 3 SD locals. Please copy and paste the roll call list and add yourself and/or other locals so we can try to get something set up. PM me your numbers as well.

1. RomelM12
2. rocketace1
3. Petie1881

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's the picture we took of our lights together after lowering.

·
22,793 Posts
Oh, man...Cali meet? How awesome would that be? Color me jealous, envious, green with envy, disappointed I can't be there...and any other superlative adjectives that would describe how much I'd like to be there! Have a certified blast, fellas.

Maybe you could post a flyer or two around a few dealerships? You never know.

Agree with Someguy! Pics are a must! We want to see the fun we missed!!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yeah I think NJ to Cali is way to far of a drive.... BUMBER!!!!!

·
22,793 Posts
Here's the picture we took of our lights together after lowering.
BTW, the one on the right looks like a black panther stalking into the night. The one on the left? Casper the Friendly Ghost. Well, It was Rorschach's birthday, yesterday.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Rocket. So there was no problem or rubbing with the 225/45r18 setup paired with the Meccatunes? Looks great!
Rubbed like crazy and got the fenders rolled tonight... by a pro. You cannot even tell it was rolled... pretty nice. But you gotta wait until our mini-meet photo shoot next week :D :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW, the one on the right looks like a black panther stalking into the night. The one on the left? Casper the Friendly Ghost. Well, It was Rorschach's birthday, yesterday.
Yea, I'm definitely gonna have to step up my light game. Those headlights are on the definite top 3 list... But I'm addicted to handling right now. Driving through the canyons on my way to work this morning was such a joy.

The coilovers paired with the rear torsion bar and SR bushings have improved handling exponentially. I think I'm going to try to beat gamer to the 6 point chassis brace. It's $320 and Pierce MotorSports is located just over an hour away in Torrance, CA. I may try to have it installed on site.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ah! So in assume no more rubbing after the fenders got rolled?

You guys are killing us with the suspense! :)
Rubbing? What rubbing? :D My car is now pretty low... as in almost slammed... hahahaha... and it looks great. Drives great as well... no bouncing or stuff... pretty solid with slightly better road handling as well...

Another sneak peek... this time, RomelM12's car with his new coilover installed in the rear...

photo-2.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
PS: how much did it cost for professional fender rolling? I got quoted for 250! Shoot I'll buy a heat gun, a hammer and do it myself!
$140. All 4 fenders, professionally rolled... and you should get a pro to do it right. On mine you cannot tell a thing from the outside...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PS: how much did it cost for professional fender rolling? I got quoted for 250! Shoot I'll buy a heat gun, a hammer and do it myself!
Sh*t, for $250 you could just buy the Eastwood rolling tool and rent it out.

I'll let you know how my rolling appointment goes. It's on Wednesday at 430pm. I'm only being charged $25 per fender.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts