Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a Samsung Fascinate and can comment on bluetooth compatability with 2011 Sonata SE without Nav pkg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Limited with NAV but can confirm it works. If I turn the Bluetooth on before I get in the car, it will take a few minutes for it to connect on its own, but you can always go in and connect it manually if need be (I actually set up a Bluetooth menu widget on my home screen for one click access).

It downloads the address book as well. I haven't tried any streaming music over Bluetooth, since the quality is much worse than XM/MP3 would be.

You should get the same results in the SE, as Hyundai doesn't make any distinctions on their compatibility list for NAV/no NAV, but if you're really worried about it, I would go to a Verizon corporate store and ask if they can test it with a demo unit. They may balk at the idea of doing this, but if you make it clear that this is the only thing stopping you from buying one right now, they'll usually fold. I experienced this the first week the Fascinate came out, as I just bought my Sonata a week before that.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (tampajoe @ Nov 3 2010, 09:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368610
I have a Limited with NAV but can confirm it works. If I turn the Bluetooth on before I get in the car, it will take a few minutes for it to connect on its own, but you can always go in and connect it manually if need be (I actually set up a Bluetooth menu widget on my home screen for one click access).

It downloads the address book as well. I haven't tried any streaming music over Bluetooth, since the quality is much worse than XM/MP3 would be.

You should get the same results in the SE, as Hyundai doesn't make any distinctions on their compatibility list for NAV/no NAV, but if you're really worried about it, I would go to a Verizon corporate store and ask if they can test it with a demo unit. They may balk at the idea of doing this, but if you make it clear that this is the only thing stopping you from buying one right now, they'll usually fold. I experienced this the first week the Fascinate came out, as I just bought my Sonata a week before that.

Hope this helps.
Verizon has assured me that the Samsung will work. The will give me a 30 day window to try it with no restocking fee if if it doesn't. I hope to purchase it Saturday.
I will post my results.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Purchased the Samsung Fascinate yesterday and it paired immediately with my SE Sonata (no Nav). However because I had another phone paired I had to go to the setup and set the Samsung as priority on my car to allow it to automatic connect each time. Without that step I would have to pair it everytime I turned off the car.

·
Registered
74 Posts
QUOTE (tampajoe @ Nov 3 2010, 09:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368610

Hope this helps.
Then maybe you should try streaming music over it. You will be pleasantly surprised that there is virtually no degradation of sound quality. I stream music from my sd card and Pandora radio. They both sound great.
Samsung Fascinate btw.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (bmidd @ Nov 6 2010, 11:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369612
Then maybe you should try streaming music over it. You will be pleasantly surprised that there is virtually no degradation of sound quality. I stream music from my sd card and Pandora radio. They both sound great.
Samsung Fascinate btw.

I have the same experience, streaming has excellent quality, only issue is the volume isn't as loud compared with the same mp3 songs on a USB stick (not a big deal unless you are looking for max volume all the time)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (BasicTek @ Nov 7 2010, 09:11 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369660
I have the same experience, streaming has excellent quality, only issue is the volume isn't as loud compared with the same mp3 songs on a USB stick (not a big deal unless you are looking for max volume all the time)
Can you tell me on how you do that. I was connected with my phone via bluetooth and put my phone on music play but I could not hear it thru the car radio. Phone works perfectly with car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
QUOTE (schdy37 @ Nov 8 2010, 05:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369862
Can you tell me on how you do that. I was connected with my phone via bluetooth and put my phone on music play but I could not hear it thru the car radio. Phone works perfectly with car.
Once BT is connected (you can make and receive calls) play your music and switch the radio to BT (it should show on the list wqith XM1,2,3 aux, usb, etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the 2011 Sonata GLS in August and paired my older Samsung Alias phone (Verizon) without a problem. In early October I got a Samsung Reality (SCH-820? / Verizon) and paired that with no problem. All of sudden last week my phone kept connecting (when starting car as it was supposed to), then disconnecting right away (as I was driving), and the phone would turn off and then power back on and connect again. This cycle just continually happened. I was unable to shut the phone off (while the car was on/running) or disconnect the blue-tooth connection (from the car or the phone). Attempted to connect from the phone, from the car, reset the car and phone to factory defaults, but nothing seems to help. The dealer states it is a problem with Motorolla and Samsung phones. I did try my son's LG, for a short time, and had no issue.
I would buy the dealers (service mgr) excuse, but I don't understand why it worked for over a month with no problem. I saw someone else write about a navagation update. I also spoke to the service manager about intermitten problems recently with the navagation (seems slow to respond to the touch and the legal agreement at start up seems slow to give the "Agree" choice and when it does it sometimes takes several touches to accept). I thought this might have something to do with the blue-tooth operation problem. While at the dealership (today 11/09/10) the srv mgr told me there were no service updates for the blue-tooth problem and/or nav.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts