Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just changed from the iphone 4 to the galaxy s3 and I cant connect to my bluetooth to stream music ect from my phone in the car. When i go to the pairings setting on the touchscreen in the sonata it doesnt show anything. I have the bluetooth on on the phone and hit the 'scan button" but it says "no devices found" on the phone. I dont get what im doing wrong. Can anybody help? my iphone 4 found my sonata immediatly when i went to first connect that.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My s-3 works good for me, non-nav radio, FYI.. I remember an option on the device's Bluetooth set-up screen that lets you make the device discoverable. That needs to be enabled on mine to let it be found. I don't know if it pertains to your set up and / or if you have tried that already. Just a thought. good luck. cheers.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Make sure you also go into the settings in the car itself and make the system discoverable so they can pair. Activating the Bluetooth on the phone alone isn't enough to pair it to the car. The car also needs to be told to scan for new devices. Once the initial pairing is done, the phone should auto-connect in the future.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Also, go into Bluetooth Settings and hit the gear icon next to SONATA. Make sure that when the phone is connected to the car, that both the Call Audio and Media Audio are both checked. Should play after that.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an S3 as well. My question is a little different than what you guys have asked. I don't like the music quality from bluetooth streaming so I got a 1/8-1/8 aux cable to run through the aux port. Then, I deselected streaming audio from the bluetooth settings and left call audio selected. I got a successful connection with the bluetooth and much better quality with the music. I can use the voice commands to initiate a call, and the receiver of the call can hear me fine. However, no audio comes through the car speaker at all. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I have an S3 as well. My question is a little different than what you guys have asked. I don't like the music quality from bluetooth streaming so I got a 1/8-1/8 aux cable to run through the aux port. Then, I deselected streaming audio from the bluetooth settings and left call audio selected. I got a successful connection with the bluetooth and much better quality with the music. I can use the voice commands to initiate a call, and the receiver of the call can hear me fine. However, no audio comes through the car speaker at all. Any thoughts?
Make sure that the phone is using the bluetooth speakers. When you initiate the call, there is an icon on the bottom of the screen that selects bluetooth, speaker phone, or handset speaker. Otherwise, you might have to delete the bluetooth connection on both the phone and the car and re-pair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Susette

My Samsung galaxy did download phonebook to Hyundia i20. When I phone and speak a name it is always the wrong name. When a give a number the wrong number is dailing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts