Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people
been a while so thought see if were all still here. Had the headlight fix two months age and noticed at traffic lights that the headlamp motors were trying to move. did in board maintenance (moved the damned switch) and all quiet again. will see if the fixed problem gets worse.
Next the more serious problem of reverse gear. noticed as weather gets cold it is taking several attempts and de-clutching to get reverse. We are not suffering clutch judder yet or is this the first step. This is proving a real problem for my wife as she drives the car most. I haven't seen this problem on the forum so as ever feedback from members before a dealer visit appreciated.

·
Registered
183 Posts
When you are selecting reverse have you got handbrake or brake on? If so release it first, de-clutch and try again.

·
Registered
190 Posts
QUOTE (oldcar @ Nov 24 2010, 06:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374446
Next the more serious problem of reverse gear. noticed as weather gets cold it is taking several attempts and de-clutching to get reverse. We are not suffering clutch judder yet or is this the first step. This is proving a real problem for my wife as she drives the car most. I haven't seen this problem on the forum so as ever feedback from members before a dealer visit appreciated.
I would guess that the Reverse Idler gear is chipped and worn syncro causing poor selection. The gear box will require removal to have 1&2 Syncro Hub and Sleeve, Cone assemblies and Reverse Idler gear to be replaced.. 4 hours work for Box out and strip then refit.. Easy job and pretty common.

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (Master_Tech @ Nov 24 2010, 03:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374547
I would guess that the Reverse Idler gear is chipped and worn syncro causing poor selection. The gear box will require removal to have 1&2 Syncro Hub and Sleeve, Cone assemblies and Reverse Idler gear to be replaced.. 4 hours work for Box out and strip then refit.. Easy job and pretty common.
Any chance you could put more input into this forum Master Tech? I am sure it would be well appreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same problems with my I10. Has the headlight fix done 3 months ago and they are worse now than they were, i had my headlights pointing at different heights the other night and my I10 can be a right sod to get into reverse gear (sometimes take 2 or 3 attempts to get it into gear with a fair bit of gear box noise). Going to have to phone the dealer yet again and book it in. If they cannot fix the headlights this time I may have to look at getting rid of the I10 as I use it to get to and from work and need lights that are at least legal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts