Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had new struts and their bearings fitted. I get an intermittent pinging noise mostly on full lock.
Is it safe to drive the car?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I assume steering lock...you shouldn't stay in lock for more than a second or so. I would say it safe unless you think the steering is inhibited by some degree?

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Your obviously a bit worried about it, so you should just take the car back to whoever done the work for you and have it looked at. We can't see it so how can we really know whether it's safe to drive?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry this type of anecdotal reply is not what I need. I need high power technical advice from experienced mechanics/owners of ElantraGT. The dealer wants 600 dollars labor charge to take the units down again with no certainty of cure. The Service Manager said 'Could you live with it !' A few more 600 dollar bills would take me over the value of the car. The car by the way has been excellent for its 167000 miles with only one significant repair - the clock spring under steering wheel.
Therefore I have complained to Hyundai Head Office and they have kindly opened up a case for me.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If they screwed-up the repair, they need to make good on their warranty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts