Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time posting here.

I recently purchased a 1989 sonota, and a few weeks ago it wouldn't start, so i took it to the garage, and they said that it was a faulty safety neutralizer switch, so they bypassed it, after that it worked fine, but yesterday the car wouldn't start again :angry: . The question I have is where is this safety neutralizer switch, what does it look like, and can i try to bypass it myself ( i am unable to afford repairs at the moment) any info or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by trepcose@Oct 8 2004, 03:15 AM
Hi, this is my first time posting here.

I recently purchased a 1989 sonota, and a few weeks ago it wouldn't start, so i took it to the garage, and they said that it was a faulty safety neutralizer switch, so they bypassed it, after that it worked fine, but yesterday the car wouldn't start again :angry: . The question I have is where is this safety neutralizer switch, what does it look like, and can i try to bypass it myself ( i am unable to afford repairs at the moment) any info or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
[snapback]1576[/snapback]​

safety nutrual switch is beside transmission casing. you will see three wires running beside off side transmission case. this leads to the switch. Do Not By pass. This is dangerous!!!!!!! People have been killed, run over due to faulty or by passed transmission switch. they are cheap to buy and replace. switch might cost you $30 to $40 dollars. No big deal to fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts